Author Topic: TV werth watchin'...  (Read 20247 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: TV werth watchin'...
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 07:02:37 AM »
OT, It has been a long time. It's hard for me to admit though. I got an e-mail from one of my old friends from college last week and we were talkin' about school. It had been 42 years since we enrolled in college. I know you'tr glad that the bird movin' is almost done.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008, 07:59:17 AM »
"God's Soldier" on the Military Channel,
another hit for "MythBusters"
and definitely have to check this one out, they're crazier than the guys on Mythbusters...
"Weapon Masters"  it's amazing!! it's  sooo awesome! heheheh
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2008, 12:47:01 PM »
I remember the Myth Busters where they built a cannon out of a log an fired it.  If I remember right, it worked.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 11:32:48 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008, 02:27:24 AM »
Those "Myth Busters" guys are unique folks.  They take "Inquiring Minds" to the next level.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 02:34:44 AM »
heck yeah they do!
seriously if y'all like mythbusters you need to check out weaponmasters on Military Channel, it's guys liking to blow stuff up even more than the mythbuster guys!
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008, 03:35:53 AM »
Engineers and EOD people live to blow stuff up. I got to do some of that in the Army and Law Enforcement.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008, 12:56:39 PM »
Somethin special about blowin things up :D

Was at the outdoor range one day an after a clear, a guy next ta us says, "we just set some "reactive" targets out there so try not ta hit em."  Well ta me "reactive" targes usualy means the black ones that turn flouescent green where ya hit em.  I went about shooting ma own targets.  All of a sudden the guy yells "FIRE IN THE HOLE".  KA-BOOM!!!  The friend I was shooting with almost had a heart attack.  It was like a claymore ;D

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008, 01:03:19 PM »
I remember when I was about 4 or 5 before startin school anyway, my granddad bought a 40 acre spot and it had a lot of trees on it, he farmed so he got some dynamite and he my uncle  dug holes down beside the trees, put a charge in the hole and one by one hooked up a blasting cap to one of them boxes with the T handle you push down and get a boom,  I can remember them lettin me shove the handle down and blowin them trees and stumps out,  man I thought that was Cool. ;D

4th of July just never was the same.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2008, 01:16:44 PM »
Back in the early 70s I was working in Dallas County. We got a call to down on the Trinity to check out some old dynamite that some kids had found.  They had a flood over there and a lot of stuff wound up in the river, including an old wooden box of Dynamite.  Dallas County SO had their own Bomb guy. He met us at the scene. He loaded it into his bomb trailer and took it an old gravel pit. He asked if any of us had any experience with explosives. I told him that I had in the Army, he he volunteered me to help him. We wired it up and shot it off. He told me I could be his assistant until he retired in a couple of years, then I could be the "Bomb Guy".  I decided to pass on that. It was fun setting it off but I would not like to defuse a bomb.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2008, 01:47:51 PM »
Werked the bomb dog a l’il. Was kindah glad when the CO K-9 convinced the third floor the program wasn’t werth continuin’ due to lack of utilization.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2008, 01:52:42 PM »
I think that my hands would sweat too much for that kind of work.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2008, 02:03:44 PM »
Damned dog was dangerous. If he didn’t get his discovery reward as soon as he indicated he’d swat/nose at the object.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »
That's not good. That's not my idea of an "early retirement".

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2008, 02:08:05 PM »
Damned dog was dangerous. If he didn’t get his discovery reward as soon as he indicated he’d swat/nose at the object.

Ya think they woulda pulled him from the program the first time he pulled that.  Don't know many folks who'd let their future come down ta whether er not they had a dog treat immediatly at the ready.  Can just imagine some poor soul reachin in his pocket an realizin he left the milk bones in the van.  That's skeery.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2008, 12:26:24 AM »
You wanna make sure that don't ever happen!

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2009, 05:37:15 PM »
Big Bang Theory on tonight at 8 EST, 7 CST
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2009, 07:02:53 PM »
I've never watched that show.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2009, 07:14:22 PM »
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2009, 04:33:21 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2009, 07:47:36 AM »
 Arcey,  I saw VT win their bowl game on my new TV.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com