Author Topic: A thread to abuse Leo for not knowin' who Hoppy is (+ now for other mistakes)  (Read 91608 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A thread to abuse Leo for not knowin' who Hoppy is
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2008, 06:53:19 AM »
LOTS O NOISE!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2008, 07:45:39 AM »
Folks what ain’t n’er been in a buildin’ with ‘em just don’t know.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2008, 08:10:07 AM »
It's good that some of the parents put ear protection on their kids.  Too Bad that all of them don't do it.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2008, 08:33:42 AM »
They’ve taken the grand girl ‘n had ear protection for ‘er. The grand boy is nuts o’er ‘em. His third b-day cake had a Monster Truck gettin’ ready ta crush come cars on it. Icin’ looked like dirt. They ain’t taken ‘im indoors yet.

Had a demo at a mall parkin’ lot up their way not long ago. Just one truck, smashed some cars ‘n did some wheelies. Said when they first torched the truck off he tried ta crawl up unner ‘is Daddy’s t-shirt.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2008, 08:39:53 AM »
 ;D  I remember the first time I took my son to the drag races,  he was probably 3 goin on 4,  done alright through the stock classes,  1st Top Fuel came to the line and left,  he was bout ready to go home,  we moved a little further down the track, kinda calmed him down.  liked it fine after that.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2008, 09:34:29 AM »
By the time the truck made the first run he was good with it. Hate ta make fun of my grand boy but I wouldah damned sure loved to have seen that.

When I was a kid most of what I was ‘round were late models ‘n modified on circles. The few times we went to the strip the fuel cars didn’t run much of a mix ‘n they were all push started so they were a ways from ya when they fired ‘em.

Guess I was fifteen or so when I saw the first of the starters. We were in the pits at Suffolk ‘n I watched a crew hook one up to the blower drive ‘n turn the motor. Old front motored car. Maybe 20’ away when that thing caught. Almost jumped slam out my tenny-treads.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2008, 10:19:13 AM »
Those nitro cars really make the ground shake.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2008, 12:18:30 PM »
Just remeber, when ya go ta any dirt track event, keep yer hand over yer beer at all times if yer sittin up front <spit> :-X
     Even the little sprints chuck up some perty good clods.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2008, 12:40:39 PM »
Back in Muskogee in the mid 60's they had the longest dirt track in the area, 1/2 mile, when they got runnin and came into that turn 3  they'd have the dirt clods flying half way down the front streach, just peppering the stands,  made ya wanta  sit kinda up in the high seats.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2008, 01:05:09 PM »
Remember this and that from when I was a kid of Richmond when it was dirt. Half mile. Nothin’ like ya see on TV these days. Today’s pit road was the front stretch. The long, sweepin’ front stretch that gives it its 'D' shape these days was where the stands were. There were no stands on the back stretch.

Remember Moyock when it was dirt real well. It’s gone. Right at the state line.

Chinese Corner is long gone. I was there a few times but I don’t remember it. Just the stories the old man used ta tell.

Had one they tried ta get started a l’il o’er an hour from here. Went broke. Their radio ads pissed me off ‘n I never went.

There’s another on 17 I pass on the way to Ali’s house, just down the road from the range at West Point. Never been.

No one runs open wheel stuff ‘round here so I don’t remember or know anything about dirt in the stands personally. If they watered it down properly it wasn’t even dusty.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2008, 01:15:38 PM »
back in the days when I was going, they ran a lot of 55 to 60 as late model stocks and they had a lot of 30's and A model coupes that were fitted on a tube frame, no fenders most had modified V-8's of the time,  then they had one class Hobby stock, most were 40's model cars full fenders, gutted, roll cage welded in, most of them were either flatheads or Chevy straight 6's,  a lot of them would run,  something everybody could afford and have some fun.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2008, 01:47:28 PM »
We got our Fast Fridays out here.  5 bucks ta git in, an ya get ta watch stripped down Bultalco two strokes goin at it with no brakes.  Man them bikes make that dirt fly.
     We used ta have 390 and 410 sprints at the fairgrounds, but too many neighbors complained about the noise an got it shut down several years ago.  That was cheap fun too.  Not too loud fer the little ones, but enough ta give em that thrill of bein at the track.

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2008, 02:01:09 PM »
The old man ‘n Uncle Tommy used late 30s Fords. The few pictures I remember of ‘em, the fenders were cut way back but they were still on ‘em. The headlight openin’s were still there. Runnin’ boards were off. I werked for a guy named Junie Hudgins for a while. He had a big picture album of the stuff he had. He owned his and the one Joe Weatherly was drivin’ at the time, late 40s ‘n early 50s. His were cut ‘n rolled the same way.

Back before the Busch Series started, we had Sportsman and Limited Sportsman. After Busch got into it the folks with money ran the l’il guys out. Same thing happened to the subcompacts when the various ‘Dash’ series started. That’s out of business as a tourin’ series now.

After that, Langley over in Hampton where we went on Saturday nights, went to all kinds of hobby classes. You can go over there on Wednesday evenin’s ‘n run what ya drive everyday, one on the track at a time, as long as ya bring a helmet. Ain’t been but I hear it draws a crowd cuz three or four fools tear their cars up every week.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2008, 02:06:21 PM »
Our seats at Indy were across from the pits. We were the first row of seats behind the fence. My Mom had a white straw purse one year. After the race you could wipe the rubber off the purse. There rose bushes between us and the wall. When a pack of cars would come by us, it would suck the petals off the rose bushes.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2008, 04:07:08 PM »
At the Santa Clara fairgrounds we had "tough truck" compatition at half time of a monster truck race.
     It went like Arcey said, run what ya brung, regular folks who wanted ta risk their rides fer a couple hundred bucks prize.  One old fella took his two wheel drive F150 out on that monster track and launced his self off a good size whooptie-doo at full speed.  That thing hit the ground with a thud an he left strapped down to a stretcher.  Same evenin' another guy took the track in a Baja Bug.  Hit that same pile a dirt and rolled it end over end several times.  The crowd was in a frenzy durrin that part of the show.  I think it's what most of them came ta see.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2008, 04:32:58 PM »
The Mud, The Blood, and the BEER!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2008, 05:06:08 PM »
They run a lot of them open wheeled sprint cars around here, summer on Friday and Saturday you often see a dozen or more on trailers headed to some dirt track, even run them at the state fair.

Summer they do some of them mud drags agound here, go out and dig a long pit in some farmers field after the wheat is out.  Local V fire dept goes out with the pumper and provide the mud.  Most often a charity for some poor person who has been real bad off and they do it to help with bills.  Kinda neat, every farm kid for miles around comes with their pick-up to see if they can get stuck.  Some have a ladies event with out the pick-ups, just swim suits. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2008, 05:22:17 PM »
Mud Drags are muddy but dun to watch.  They have Sand Drags in Oklahoma at "Little Saraha".

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2008, 05:50:41 PM »
Don't have the time to read six pages, but who doesn't know who Hoppy is????????? :o :o :o
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2008, 06:01:45 PM »
 ;D  well ya can bet money, Leo does now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com