Author Topic: Tiz a New Year, January Coffee is up  (Read 182682 times)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
Re: Tiz a New Year, January Coffee is up
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2015, 06:26:00 PM »
Happy Belated Birthday Slim!
Thanks, pard.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2015, 06:57:00 PM »
Sorry yer feelin' poorly, cuz. Might be ya need a chili dog.

Ain't thinkin' I got the patience ta do the Wellington, Russ. Looks real pretty.

Good meal. Black Eyes on New Years for luck were in the soup done in the l'il red one. Went after the cornbread thing for the third time in the big black one. Third was the charm, this one was derned close ta as good as I've had. Just had ta keep messin' with the receipt (can't spell recipe) was all 'n I remember what I did for a change too.

Become acquainted with those wantin' smokeless load data from folks on boards. If ya shoot with 'em 'n they bust a gun don't loan 'em yours ta finish the shoot.

Didn't get a shot taday. Watched the near pair fish an eastern branch of the Elizabeth River. Beautiful ta see. Too far for the camera ta have caught anything but a couple dark dots. Don't think twice the lens would have helped. They ain't gonna be easy ta catch there 'less they're fishin' right in front of ya. Too many structures 'n tall pines circlin' the water. Keep at it.

Tiz rapidly approachin' beddy-bye time. Need ta hit it, early up tomorrow.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2015, 07:21:12 PM »
Evenin' y'all.

For those of y'all watchin' the football in Florida, if you see the Tomah High School Band from Wisconsin, I know two of the members.  The tallest trumpet player is one one of my friends, and one of the Baritone Saxophone players(the biggest around) is his brother, also a good friend.  ::)

I have to say, I dislike when people launch fireworks at random times of the night.  Especially when you have a cat on your lap.  A very jumpy cat.  With long, sharp claws. :-\

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 11:10:50 AM »

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2015, 11:28:29 PM »

Fighting a cold and losing,

Know the feeling. Fighting the cold, plus back is out of whack. A simple cough is quite an adventure with that combination.

Almost 11:30, have to work tomorrow, youngest has decided to have a cry fest for a while. All in all, 2015 isn't impressing me much just yet.... :(

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2015, 01:31:01 AM »
Roast was pretty good, tried a herb rub my SIL gave me,  :-\  .... well  , It tried it ... needed garlic
I'll stick with my own in the future, for a more harmonious outcome.
Gonna doctor it up and finish it off tomorrow...

Speaking of which, tomorrow... Coffee set to go @ 6 bells & I'm heading in for day at the plant....
it's been a nice light schedule ...fixing to get busy and back to normal come Monday.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2015, 04:39:16 AM »
Mornin', y'all

Throw sumore clouds in the mix 'n we gotta repeat of yestitty. Right decent.

Fat lady's got sumthin' ta do early. Can walk thru a quiet house with no freakin' day-time TV noise pollutin' the interior atmosphere. What the survey sez 'n a talkin' head makin' the werd 'said' two syllables is kinda annoyin' 'n only appealin' to the easily entertained.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2015, 05:53:26 AM »
I'll start a pot ;)

28 and dark here ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2015, 06:46:01 AM »
The place is still dark and the girls are asleep in the back. I made me a cup of Cawffee in my new Kuerig, while I was fixing the big pot for a morning pot. The Hot water is ready, I bought myself an electric tea pot. It boils water in nothing flat. Today feels like Sat. I stayed up late, watching the bowl games. No breakfast yet, just toast.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2015, 06:58:42 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Posting with the new laptop.

'Tis 4, clear and calm. High of 25.

Back to verk.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2015, 08:31:50 AM »
Got beat by Slim again, tis 11 here. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2015, 10:35:14 AM »

Only 17 right now, but looking at almost 60 by Wednesday.  Weather is floating up and down here.  At least we got some early snow in the Sierra, and the Tahoe Basin.  Maybe we’ll get some drought relief this year.

Hope 2015 improves everyone’s lives for the next year!

It’s herbed shrimp in garlic butter tonight.   Sounds yuppie, but got leftover shrimp from New Years’.  Still not sure what's going with it, but I've got some nap time to consider it.  Just hope recalling George "Gabby" Hayes's sayings to  a friend over New Years Eve doesn't mean it's only going to  be just  "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BIT" of somethin'.

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2015, 10:43:25 AM »
We have drizzle and 39 degrees outside. I fixed some oatmeal with raisins for breakfast and plenty of Cawffee. We still have vegetable beef soup in the freezer. That sounds good for lunch, no clue for supper.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2015, 11:04:38 AM »
Up to 23 here already, gonna be a scorcher. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2015, 02:16:37 PM »
I hope that Rowdy does not get overheated. Shorts, tank tops, and flip flops!

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2015, 04:20:26 PM »
looks like Yahoo is down  :-\  I use it as my search engine ( no reason other than I'm used to it and set in my ways )

Dam annoying, can't access anything over there ... had to use AOL ....

Grilled Salmon for dinner ....

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2015, 04:49:07 PM »
Afternoon y'all.

Today's turnin' out nice.  Low was around 17, high is supposed to hit 40 at 4pm, but at 3pm, it's already 43. 

Tonight we shall dine on..  bratwurst I think...  haven't figured that part out just yet.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2015, 05:26:34 PM »
TK, Brats are always good anytime. I like mine boiled in beer, served on a kaiser roll, with plenty of brown mustard and red cabbage. We are having Fritos pie, Tamales, and salad. It is still raining.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2015, 05:49:50 PM »
Sounds tasty Jim, could I add a slice of raw Bermuda onion ?

Yahoo is back up, guess NK bungled the hack  :D

mostly warm out saw 80 today, 75 now

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2015, 05:53:28 PM »
Red Onion!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2015, 06:33:42 PM »
Hey, y'all.

Decent day out. Cloudy 'n cool. Beats the heck outta ninetyish. Would've liked sun it the GC. Oh well. Play the hand dealt ya.

Try Google, M2. Ya get used to it ya'll throw rocks it yaHoo.

Though we were gonna get skunked but HK showed up. Had 'im in the view finder when he decided to take off. Best sequence I've gotten to date. Heck may not get 'nother like it. This'n's kinda in the middle:

Finished more left overs. Ice box gettin' cleared. Early up tomorrow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com