Author Topic: Here it "tiz" November, Turkey day around the corner & coffee  (Read 164341 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
Here it "tiz" November, Turkey day around the corner & coffee
« on: October 31, 2014, 10:58:22 PM »
All Saints are put to bed, I suppose ..we had none, never do
Non lighted country roads..and 1/4 - 1/2 mile between gates.
Then my house sets back 350' + from the road.... :)

Was feeling puny after dinner ( a chef salad ) so I hit the rack about dark,  had to check the plumbing a bit ago and feel OK now....
Gonna crank up the crock pot in the morning, my plan is to have it slow cooking 6-8 hours....

News @ 6PM , may do photos  :P

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Here it "tiz" November, Turkey day around the corner & coffee
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 02:17:13 AM »
Weather is holding, high thin clouds, calm, very mild, NWS says it's still 73* out, guess I'll be waiting for "the other shoe to drop"; seems when things get too quiet, it's gonna do something.

Went out and hung my neon punkins and sat out in front of the garage for a few hours, gave away six pounds of teeth destroyers.  There were some cute little kids, and some not-so-cute bigger ones, but for the most part, they were all very circumspect.  One "Tinker Bell" knock off got extra candy, though: she was about a couple or some inches shy of three feet tall, and done to a T.  She was in a bunch of older kids, and they just sort of absorbed her as they came up the drive..  As I dropped some gelt into their bags, they sort of melted away, and there she was; she looked at me and, in a quite mature fashion said: "Nice beard." - not trick or treat, and then she just stood there smiling at me.  I guess I have a soft spot for spunky little girls.  Since I am a pretty good Santa doppelganger, I will try to see if I can give the Jolly Old Fat Man a heads up and hope she has a good Christmas, too.

It's gettin' late; think I'll start for the hay pile.

Later.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 05:58:14 AM »
Mornin, coffee and tea are ready. Grankids made a haul last night, I predict a month or two of sugar highs leading into a Santa hyperactivity. Time to feed the horses.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Advertising

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 06:43:37 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning, Tom. We did not have any trick or treaters last night. It is still outside and we have cold front, with highs in the high 60s. I don't think that the heat is completely over for the year.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 07:42:53 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 16 and sunny. High of 42.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 08:29:27 AM »
And the title is only lacking the "gales of November"

Another month closer to the end of the year.

There was 17 inches of snow in Mt. LeConte  Lodge near Gatlinburg Tn yesterday overnight.
Mathew 5.9

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 09:08:37 AM »
Mornin all. Clear and cold here, 24 according to my desktop confuser. First freeze, built first fire in the house of the season. picked everything left of the garden a couple of days ago. Not often we have a garden here all the way through October.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 09:57:50 AM »
It got down to about 40 last night. I done drank up all the Cawffee this morning. The second pot is coming shortly.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 10:38:05 AM »
Mornin Y'all, no candy beggars here,haven't had any in about 15 years.They all go to the town south of us and hit the developments with lots of houses in a small area.Supposed to be a high in mid 40's today.LIT thanks for the hot beverage.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 02:36:31 PM »
Hey, y'all.

Fifty sumthin' with a light, intermittent rain 'n breezy. Makes me happy. Tiz blowin' acorns off'n the tree 'n they're hittin' the roof hard 'nuff 'n with sufficient rapidity ta cause one sittin' in the 'HEY! Loft' ta think they're gettin' strafed by e'er bird still airworthy o'er it the museum. 'N they gotta bunch of 'em airworthy o'er that way.

Gotta hand it ta the Fat Lady. Tells me I spend too much it Harris Teeter cuz I don't know how to werk it. Took 'er there. She'd done transferred one prescription thing from HT to 'nother place 'n gotta 50 buck shoppin' credit at the new place. HT got wind 'n sent 'er an e-mail satin' they'd honor the other place's credit ta switch back.  We walked outta there spendin' 78¢ outta pocket. Got e’er thing for Ham 'n 7 Bean Soup for tomorrow 'n 'nuff other stuff ta have run the bill up ta $65. er $70.00 at Food Lion. Canned goods, store brand saled at 67¢. Boston line, she's right, I don't know how like she does.

L'il red one's workin' on the Beef Vegetable Soup for this evenin'. Aroma's startin' ta permeate the very air in here.

Got a race startin', plenty fake beer 'n all kindsa pretzels, Cheetos 'n other assorted stuff in small bags what didn't get give away last evenin'.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 03:27:23 PM »
Sausage concoction is simmering away in the crock pot... "Aroma's startin' ta permeate the very air in here"...too  ;)

Breezy, and they claim record low tonight ..maybe in the upper 30's  :o  spirit thingy had been 62° now dropping

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 03:37:31 PM »
"Aroma's startin' ta permeate the very air in here"...too  ;)

Wunnerful, ain't it?
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 03:54:10 PM »
Went out this morning and picked up some new birch flooring for my “eclectic” den (to be installed in about a week, once it acclimates, and I get the cr@p moved to other regions of the domicile. 

Then went and stocked up on firewood for the fireplace.  $40 filled the 4 runner even with the back seats folded down.

Doing grilled pork steak with  rice for dinner tonight.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2014, 04:10:39 PM »
Wunnerful, ain't it?

ahhhh ! yesssssssssss!

course looks ain't everything ( the photo's aren't  very good, poor presentation as well )

the taste is " heavenly "  THIS WILL DEFIANTLY BE A REPEAT PERFORMANCE  :)

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 04:52:17 PM »
Picked up pulled pork and slaw from local joint on the way to work.

I need to get Firewood this week. Also think it is cool enough to start using the dutch oven outside again.  Thinking some kind of previously breathing beast (four legged kind) maybe try a loaf of bread in the other.

Meantime back to work
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 04:58:50 PM »
I sorta slept through lunch and I have no clue for supper. The sun is out, but the temps are still in the low 60s.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 05:05:21 PM »
Roast beast and veggies in the big black crock pot, are just about ready. The aroma from that crock pot has had me drooling all day.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2014, 06:59:29 PM »
We're havin' the last remains of Fred for supper, he served us well. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2014, 07:10:10 PM »
Alas, poor Fred.........................

Roasts er 'bout the werse for olfactory assaults. Even them hunks of leg I do fer me when I can find nice specimens produce the heavenly fragrence.

Don't unnerstand the effort ta make a foo-foo pretty plate. Yer gonna mess it up when ya go after it with a fork, spoon er chop sticks ennyways. Why the effort? Dunk a ladle in it 'n plop it down – sit 'n eat.

Beef Vegetable Soup did it again. Right nice. Still amazes me what me 'n her (local school board grammar) can do to a gallon of the stuff. New mugs are pretty handy. Just made two trips.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2014, 09:12:57 PM »
Agree it all ends up in the same place minus the serving dish.

Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com