Author Topic: May we have coffee and a new thread  (Read 144380 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: May we have coffee and a new thread
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2014, 12:06:10 PM »
Looks like Slim gotta pic of one the dudes what lives unner the I-264 bridge by downtown Pembroke.

Temp thing on the dash read 83° when I was leavin’ the shop in the asphalt jungle what is downtown Norfolk.

Crowd it the shop. Waitin’ ta open ‘n o’er hear two I don’t know talkin’ ta some I do ‘bout ranges. Hearin’ they’d just moved here from ‘out west’ ‘n they were lookin’ for 1,000 yard ranges. Where they were from all the outdoor ranges were a 1,000 yards. Tolt ‘em they were in the wrong place ‘n they might wanna think of goin’ back 'out west' - please.

Held back cuz I didn’t know some them folks ‘n didn’t know if they ought ta be handlin’ firearms. Twenty after, Barry scratched a ten o’clock reservation ‘n put me on four – beside the 1,000 yard twins from 'out west.' They were doin’ good, hittin’ the paper – all o’er the paper.

Only had two mags in the box. Turnt my back to the target ta charge one ‘n one the 1,000 yarders from ‘out west’ walked past me back ta five with his right thumb all wrapped up inna bloody paper towel. Why I let the crowd thin out ‘fore I go in. Mabbe next time they’ll go ta Lynnhaven or the new Colonial thing where they have greater distance ta suit their considerable skills ‘n leave us novices ta struggle w/ out ‘em at Bob’s.

If it comes up in casual conversation, four ‘n a half (4.5) grains of Unique unner a Berry’s 115 grain plated bullet ain’t ‘nuff to reliably cycle a stock springed G26. Shoot better’n I do but they’re too puny ‘n hang the action half the time. Hadda ‘nother dud Remington primer too. Got less than 4,000 left now.

Havin’ a goumet lunch of potted meat product, crackers ‘n fake beer, then the drudgery of house work. Got vegetable butcherin' ta do for salads this evenin'.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2014, 02:26:10 PM »
Potted Meat! The meat that goes with anything!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2014, 10:26:17 PM »
Don't laugh, I have those eyes down pretty good, I can stare down about anybody anymore.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 12:48:10 AM »

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2014, 11:47:47 PM »
And then there was rain...

City trip today.  Second to last Chemistry class for the year, so naturally we had a party.  Donuts (or is it doughnuts?), and pizza, and lots of cookies and chips.  The warm carbonated syrup weren't all that bad, either.  After that had a "drivers training"  session.  Only one left, then I get my license.  ;D ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2014, 06:18:38 AM »
Coffee is up.

Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2014, 06:46:46 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. We had about 10 hours of rain, about 2 hours of real heavy rain. I hope that it did the yards some good. The first cup went fast, I am ready for the second one.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2014, 07:05:40 AM »
N’er make eye contact with someone what lives unner a bridge. Ya do ‘n they think ya wanna give ‘em money………..

Mornin’.

It hit ninety it Oceana yestitty. Wonderful. Ain’t supposed ta get there taday so the guessers say.

Heard bad things in the storms ‘round yer way, Tex. Glad ta hear ya didn’t get hammered.

Gotta ride to the off site pantry ‘n get some stuff. Do some incessant housework. Rest the day is for gun stuff.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2014, 07:25:11 AM »
It did get a little "Western " around here yesterday afternoon. We had a tornado warning NE of us yesterday afternoon. We had some hard rain and maybe to small hail. The wind was blowing so hard, and the rain was heavy, I could not tell for sure.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2014, 07:35:44 AM »
That story we were read as kids about the goats, the troll and the bridge is a sad one and has helped degrade our society, all it does is help teach kids not to respect private property, the troll owned the bridge and the goats didn't want to pay the toll for it's up-keep and now so many people want everything for free, the book should be banned and all copies burned.
 ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2014, 07:52:11 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Litl Rooster.

That story we were read as kids about the goats, the troll and the bridge is a sad one and has helped degrade our society, all it does is help teach kids not to respect private property, the troll owned the bridge and the goats didn't want to pay the toll for it's up-keep and now so many people want everything for free, the book should be banned and all copies burned.
 ;)
Hear, hear!

The storms went to the north last night. They are going to the east now.
'Tis 60 and overcast. "Breezy. Cooler. Partly sunny. Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the morning. Nearly steady temperature in the mid 60s. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2014, 09:31:31 AM »
Every now and then Del shocks me with his insights.... And wisdom.

On the same token Arcey no longer shocks me with his wisdom.... I have come to expect it.

I feel so much smarter after reading here.y
Mathew 5.9

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2014, 01:57:39 PM »
Wonder if that was a bridge to nowhere,Del? ::)

Been on the clock since yesterday afternoon. Boss has a problem with his leg, asked me to cover for today. My turn to cover this weekend anyway.

Had a pretty good boomer come through a bit ago. I was under the carport when the big one went off, almost needed to change my drawers :o :o :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2014, 02:03:33 PM »
I also have declared it a nNational Holiday, it's "National PIT a Prius Today" need a good motto like "Dump the B**** in a Ditch." 

Saw one of them with a yuppie in it this morning, just irritated me cause I just know she thought she was something special.  Know how to tell if someone drives a Prius?
Don't worry, they'll tell you. ::) 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2014, 04:05:17 PM »
I do not worry about a Prius, I could not fit in one anyway.  I was really surprised with the Nissan Cube that I got at Evansville last year. It was quite roomy, once I got inside.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2014, 06:36:48 PM »
Our Kia Soul is along the lines of that Cube,TLD. I think it looks better though. ;D It's pretty roomy, bigger on the inside than it looks ::)

On the Hybrids, wait until they've got to replace those batteries :o Close to 4 grand,IIRC :o :o Don't want anything to do with those things ::) :P

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2014, 06:41:32 PM »
They should have plenty of room inside, they are a......cube! Not sure I like an "asymmetrical" car, though.looks strange having only one window post on the back. Only cars I ever had that weren't the same on both sides were because of rust or wrecks, other than sometimes having the only 2 hubcaps on the same side, since nobody can see both sides at once anyway.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2014, 03:18:59 AM »
I like full size pickups and full size SUVs.  I can wear my hats when I drive and I have plenty of room for my stuff.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2014, 06:18:12 AM »
The Cube does look weird ::)

I'll start a pot. 63 and cloudy here,still calling for rain/boomers.

I have the keys to the kingdom this weekend yet. Feel miserable, allergies are really cranking. All the mowing plus the trees. Tree pollen is over 200 yet ::) :P :-\

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2014, 06:40:37 AM »
Comes from learnin’ the hard way, Roo. Thankee.

Mornin’.

Cloudy. Eighty sumthin’. T-Showers might come later.

The Cube……………………….

Gotta wonder what George Barris thinks of the thing. Gives me nightmares.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2014, 06:48:11 AM »
The Cube does not look much different from the Soul, they both look like hamster mobiles.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com