Author Topic: It's November, we aint no Turkey's, give us Cawfee n Tea  (Read 127038 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's November, we aint no Turkey's, give us Cawfee n Tea
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2013, 06:15:52 AM »
Mornin’, an hour early…………………….

Let’s see……………

Rita gets a new station wagon. No tellin’ what the Maj picked up it the gun show. Didn’t get nothin’ myownself ‘cept a different antenna for the 7” (yeah, seven inch) flat screen I got ta lug out ta the barn so I can watch the game ‘n do gun stuff.

Thinkin’ I might have set the bar too low…………….
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2013, 07:08:11 AM »
Del, sounds like both you and the girl at the traffic light need to fill out one of the "butthurt" forms.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2013, 07:22:56 AM »
Mornin Y'all,Arcey only picked up some small pistol primers.Guy had Winchester for $35.00,I got the last 1000.If I had brought some more cash with me I could have had an Ithaca.SKB SxS for $450.00
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 06:18:40 PM »

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2013, 07:46:21 AM »
is the mare spayed?

Nope, registered with all papers, she hope to crossbreed it with a Friesan later on.  That would be her dream horse.

Right chilly this AM, going grocery shopping in a bit then need to finish getting the metal removed from the telephone poles sothey can be cut up and used as fence posts.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2013, 07:58:54 AM »
Those'll make some hefty posts - do you just use em for corners, or are you fencing in a herd of buffalo?

Had scrambled eggs wih cheese & more hot chocolate fer breakfast. Miss coffee, hope it starts tasting good again someday.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2013, 08:10:43 AM »
Nope, registered with all papers, she hope to crossbreed it with a Friesan later on.  That would be her dream horse.

Right chilly this AM, going grocery shopping in a bit then need to finish getting the metal removed from the telephone poles sothey can be cut up and used as fence posts.

Oh I am sorry.. ;)

what Stu said.

Those'll make some hefty posts - do you just use em for corners, or are you fencing in a herd of buffalo?

Had scrambled eggs wih cheese & more hot chocolate fer breakfast. Miss coffee, hope it starts tasting good again someday.

glad to hear you can get something down that is in a familiar food group.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2013, 08:23:26 AM »
Del, sounds like both you and the girl at the traffic light need to fill out one of the "butthurt" forms.

I was laughin' way to hard to fill one out. 

I'm kinda like Arcey, all I got was a spool of new thread and some sewin' machine needles.  ::)  Rita had to stop at the Wal place last night, didn't have no cool material in the sale bin, I need a new apron for work.  My purple flowered one is gettin' a bit ragged and I don't want to wear one of the provided ones that say Stetson or Resitol on it.   ;D

Part of me being me is running errands around the store with my apron on. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2013, 08:45:07 AM »
I was laughin' way to hard to fill one out. 

I'm kinda like Arcey, all I got was a spool of new thread and some sewin' machine needles.  ::)  Rita had to stop at the Wal place last night, didn't have no cool material in the sale bin, I need a new apron for work.  My purple flowered one is gettin' a bit ragged and I don't want to wear one of the provided ones that say Stetson or Resitol on it.   ;D

Part of me being me is running errands around the store with my apron on. ::)

why don't use some old western shirts and make your apron or old Wrangler jeans
Mathew 5.9

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2013, 09:26:56 AM »
glad to hear you can get something down that is in a familiar food group.

Kind of embarrassed to tell anyone what I've been having for lunches lately, comes in cans from that "chef" that puts pasta in some kind of ketchup tomato stuff sauce. Ravioli is my current favorite. Weird that good food tastes crappy but I can kind of enjoy that crap.  ::)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2013, 10:23:14 AM »
why don't use some old western shirts and make your apron or old Wrangler jeans

Not the same as a bright flowerly calico.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2013, 10:25:32 AM »

;D They will be the anchor posts at various points on the fence, putting up 4 strands of electrobraid which needs to be tensioned. My nephew works for Dominion Power and when they replace old telephone poles they discard them. He said if I wanted them just tell him, I said okay and next thing I knew I had enough for 28 8' fence posts.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2013, 10:45:23 AM »
Can't beat the price for some heavy duty posts. I'm not familiar with electrobraid - will it be hot, or just a tough wire fence?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2013, 11:15:30 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee and grub, Litl Rooster.

I have a bunch of posts made from old tele poles.

'Tis 41 and partly cloudy. High of 50.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2013, 12:29:01 PM »
Mornin' Y'all, even if it is an hour late......

Thanks for the coffee, Rooster.

32 and sunny here, supposed to get up to 70 later.  I survived the big city, only caught a cold.  >:(  It was my first time tryin' t' navigate city streets in the driver seat, so I'm a bit jumpy.   

Biscuits and sausage are hot, if anyone is interested.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2013, 03:20:08 PM »
Howdee, folkses, happy November.  Thanks for the cawfee, glad to see y'all are gettin' on with the gettin' on.

Sorry that chemo is workin' ya' that way, Stu; I think more folks who go through it have that sort of reactions than what Mrs. Hairy had.  All she had was no hair, and got skinny, never got ill from it.  But, it will pass.

TK, driving in the big city is enough to make any sane person jumpy, especially if you hail from a country environment; it makes, and has always made me jumpy, and I have lived in and worked in and around big cities all my life, and been driving everything from motorcycles to big rigs near sixty years longer than you. Don't worry, you will get the hang of it; just don't let it get the best of you and you'll do fine.

Been nice, and not so nice here, weather wise.  Nice today, but s'posed to be cold and windy, relatively, tomorrow through Wednesday, then get back to nice again.  I joined up with the local group of Patriot Guard Riders, and we do a flag line every Thursday at the Veterans Cemetery in Boulder City for the interment of Vets who have no family, and at any other times when asked by families; got a request from a family to stand honor guard on Monday morning, and it is going to be the coldest day since last winter, and windy on top of that.  Gonna have to dig out my warm clothes, I guess.

With the new PGR commitment, and going to classes for my Ham Radio License, I have been keeping busier than I have been in a long time.  Passed my exam, and got my Technicians Class Ham Radio license on Saturday; classes start in January for the General Class, and I will be attending again - it is something to keep my brain exercised.

Beyond all that, we are keeping up with our Granddaughters sports, Devin is in soccer, and Bella is playing softball, and I have them as companions after school from time to time.  I took Bella to Hoover Dam last Monday as she had a day off from school, but they turned me away inside the visitors center at the security check, said the one and a half inch pen blade in my money clip was not allowed; so we didn't get to go see the inner workings of the dam.  Next time I'll leave my clip in the truck. :-\ :-\

Gotta go visit the offsite pantry, the auto parts store, and got a whole pile of projects to tend to; must prioritize, or they will get me down.

So, with that,  -----   Onward and upward.

Later.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2013, 04:00:37 PM »
Major 2 thank you

El glad to see you drop by
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2013, 04:19:10 PM »
El Peludo;  Congrats on the Tech license!  I've got my General Ticket at the moment.  Have been licensed since '09.  If you don't mind my asking, what's your call?  KI6WAT here.  ;D

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2013, 04:49:03 PM »
Major 2 thank you

El glad to see you drop by

Your very welcome , if you want to know anything more just ask  :)

http://www.amazon.com/United-States-Military-Saddles-1812-1943/dp/0806121025
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2013, 06:19:09 PM »
EP, I have occasionally done some missions with Patriot Guard Riders, but I just had to pass on the last one, it was 65-70 miles away, meeting time 7:30 AM, and it was forecast to be a balmy 38 degrees. I've rode in some cold weather before, but it's always been when I was getting home, not leaving when it's that cold. Besides, the old FXR is a bit cold natured, probably would need a jump at the least to get it to turn over at that temperature.

A person just can't be trusted around a big cement dam with such a potent weapon as a 1 1/2" knife, you might poke a hole in it and let all the water out.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2013, 09:13:12 PM »
Did I ever mention that who ever decide 'luminum alloy wheels on plain old everyday driving cars was a good idea had poop for brains, esp when you add road salt in winter and stupid pretty lug nuts that have an outer cover of stainless steel over an inner corn of carbon steel.  Heck, might as well added some copper and zinc into the dissimilar metal mix.  The LHS is over to the off site pantry, we're home and litl brother and I are headed back tomorrow with more tools of destruction, POed to the max they won't allow us to have det cord. ::)

Will take the camera, this could get good, breaker bar, big cheater bar, hammers and cold chisels didn't work.   I'd just plug the tire on the rim and air bubble it, but what ever happened to make the air come out happened so fast there was no fixing it by the time we got stopped.  When things went wrong on getting it off, we just drove slow to the store the rest of the 4-5 blocks.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com