Author Topic: October Has Entered The Buildin'!  (Read 288396 times)

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: October Has Entered The Buildin'!
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2008, 03:46:32 PM »
Thanks for the prayers and messages, Guys, we need a lot right now. ::) :-\ Sandy's a HUGE worrier, coupled with PTSD and some minor Bipolar, she can be real mess at times.
 I changed the oil on Susie's hoss this morning, and she put out some of those new LED combo lights on our front bushes. They can change colors, orange for Halloween, multi-color for Christmas, or a combination of both. About 70 per bush( 2 bushes). Coupled with her Halloween inflatable, she's about set for it. We also put a couple mum plants in the ground by the picket fence, one was a 10" potted one that was white. It was sitting on the office desk after Monday morning's run with a card saying "Happy Anniversary", no signer, just our names on it :o :D Was quite a surprise for us. The other, Susie picked up last night at Wally's, an 8" potted in a deep burgandy or purple( depends on the light source). We took our bikes over to our oldest son's for storage this afternoon. Both trips, we took Sandy with us to get her out of the house, and her mind off things for awhile.
 Susie's doing real well on the job, she's coupled with one of our trainer/driver's and is getting a good raport with the client's on that bus. Her's are all Workshop people( adults). Fuel crunch( prices) are affecting the MRDD here. They've taken to parking some of the buses at the workshop locations and one of the schools and shuttling the crews back to the garage between runs. Susie's bus is one of the shuttles and the women are going to keep an eye on her during this sick period as she's taken Sandy's problem pretty hard. A couple of them have had cancer and are survivors..........Buck 8) ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2008, 06:06:42 PM »
Finished shooting today.
Only misses were them popsickle sticks that I left up yestiddy when tha Stoeger broke.

Look for him here before long, he is changing his alias to "Will B Independent."  ;)

I'm sure Annie Lee would be proud.

Good shootin' Tensleeps
Mathew 5.9

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2008, 06:20:25 PM »
Well we just got back from the BBQ place,  it was good,  chopped pork dinner with a hot link on the side, a liltle okry. ;D

Jackie's in the kitchen now seeing if she can cook one of them Apple cakes.  don't hardlly know why, we're sa full now we couldn't eat it.  course that ain't ta say we might not be hungry later.  :o
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 07:44:18 AM »

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2008, 06:33:27 PM »
Evenin Y'all, just got in from replacing the rear brakes on my Dakota, had to go to 3 places to get all the parts, still have to get the drums, nobody had those in stock. Got half way through the job and found a leaking wheel cylinder, That will get replaced when I put the drums on.It's always something. ::) will have to rebuild the ball joints next, Have to get those done before the evil white stuff starts to come down.weather was a bit chilly mid 50's this afternoon, dropped lower when the sun set. Guess I'll kick back and relax for the rest of the night, Y'all be good  ;)
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2008, 06:47:37 PM »
Took Sandy to Wade Park, supposed to be a consult. Turns out they did a biopsy. Bad news, looks like the BIG "C". About 3cm by 5cm and kinda deep in. Sandy fell apart and Susie ain't much better, need a bunch of prayers for this bunk house about now. Have to take her back up probably next Thursday for another ultra sound and a bigger biopsy. then they'll discuss options for treatment, probly radiation of some sort. Ain't life grand........Buck ::) :-\ 8)
Thanks for the prayers and messages, Guys, we need a lot right now. ::) :-\ Sandy's a HUGE worrier, coupled with PTSD and some minor Bipolar, she can be real mess at times.

Sorry pard.  Prayers up.

I went to my local toy store/gunsmith to drop off two carbines that need some tlc and saw a gent trading in a S&W Mod 60, what's even better is I knew EXACTLY what the trade in value was.  He said "Since you know what I paid for it, make me an offer."  As you can see he accepted my offer.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2008, 07:32:21 PM »
Nicee Smith, Stoney ;D 8)

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2008, 07:34:17 PM »
OT, When's that apple cake gonna be done? ::) ;D 8)

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2008, 07:46:55 PM »
OT, When's that apple cake gonna be done? ::) ;D 8)

well lit's sittin in there on the kitchen cabinet cooling,  I think it'l be ready to eat by the time ya get here,  if it's gone we'll just cook another.  ;D

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2008, 07:56:14 PM »
Will, those pictues could be our two dogs, the resemblance is uncanny.  Gotta take em out ta chase tennis balls as soon as the weather clears, they're due.
If yours are anything like mine, you have to wear them out so you can relax. ;D The dark one moves like a high-ball express and launches himself up to about 20 feet for the catch. The other one just runs out and leaps up to meet the thing on the way down. Post some pics of yours one of these days.

Only misses were them popsickle sticks that I left up yestiddy when tha Stoeger broke.
Congrats, pard.

Look for him here before long, he is changing his alias to "Will B Independent."  ;)
Get him in here. Cool alias, too.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2008, 07:59:42 PM »
Afternoon Fellas,

Buck, Prayers up for your family.

Nice Piece Pete  ;D

Thanks for sharing the pics of the pups Marshal Will, looks like a good time.

Went for a horseback ride yesterday at Point Reyes. We just beat the down pour back. I rode my friends big horse as mine was on the trail with my b-I-L and sister. I don't mind riding Charley at all. I just forget how much ground he can cover with the long legs. I really need to get a pic of him and me togeather.

Today we went to Alcatraz, they had civil war days there and the group that was doing it did a very good job. They had one of the 24 lb Howitzers set up and the two fellas talking about it were very knowlegable, gave a real interesting talk. We also took a tour with one of the rangers that talked about how the place was built and the different layers of history you can see. Part of the orginal brick wall is there and he showed where it stopped at the end of the civil war and they started using different materials to build.

"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Online Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2008, 09:14:16 PM »
Nice gun, Stoney.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2008, 09:46:18 PM »
That cake does look good, OT 8) ;D

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2008, 09:55:00 PM »
 ;D well I was able to eat a little of it,  I wasn't too full for that.

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2008, 11:37:50 PM »
Oh, yeah, Stoney. I forgot earler to mention that I like your new toy. Cool pistola.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2008, 11:44:40 PM »
OT, ma Mom used ta make that cake.  I haven't thought about it in years, but thinkin back, it was dang good.  Don't suppose Jackie would send the recipe, would she ::)

Will, I'll get a picture of both dogs tagether an post it.  You'll see the resemblance.

Woulda loved ta see the Alcatraz thing, sounds perty cool.  As usual I can say, "mebbe next year".

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2008, 02:54:28 AM »
Howdy, all.  Midnight shift stoppin'by.

We'll hold you and yours in our thoughts and prayers, Buck.

Couldn't get to the pics, Marshal, but I know just about what I'd see there.  We had a couple of mutts that competed with each other for the frisbees; one was a sawed off Sheltie-Corgi mix, and the other was an Australian Blue Cattle Dog.  The shorty was the high jumper of the two, though they both were passable good at it; they seldom missed.

Nice aquisition, there,  Stoney.

Have had a weather front passing through here the last couple of days; it's really cooled off, comaratively.  Only got to 83 here today, and it started raining about 2200, just stuck around long enough to wet the pavement real good; had a pretty good blow earlier, gusts to almost 70 in a few areas of the valley, here being one - it sounded as if the house was going to get pushed off the slab a couple of times.  65 out front right now - Brrrr!!   ;D

Well, ben fightin' to keep my eyes open all day; think I'll hit the hay and see if I can get a bit of a nap; sleeps been a bit on the scarce side lately.

Later.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2008, 04:19:27 AM »
Mornin' ladies  ;)  ;D

Gonna go and watch tha shootoff this mornin', got lots of friends in it again this year.
Suppose I'll take my guns,, never know when they might get down to tha hunnert an' twenty fifth alternate.  ;)

Y'all have ah cup o' HOT CAWFEE!  ;D
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2008, 06:50:38 AM »
Nice S&W Stoney...

Thanks for the Coffee Tensleeps........

time for some sleep here
Mathew 5.9

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: October 05, 2008, 07:29:14 AM »
Thanks fer the Coffee

60 out this morning, supposed to get up near 80 fer a high with a chance of some rain later today and tomorrow, sayin some may be heavy.

Online Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2008, 08:48:52 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tensleep.

'Tis 28 and sunny.
Time for breakfast then got ready fer church.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com