Author Topic: Retailers that carry the Peacemaker I want?  (Read 4667 times)

Offline Little Dalton

• Top Active Citizen
  • -ad regem-
    • Axe & Anvil
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
Retailers that carry the Peacemaker I want?
« on: July 02, 2014, 02:14:41 PM »
So, if I wind up having to order the Peacemaker I want new, which is an Uberti or Pietta (in that order) in .44WCF/.44-40 with a 7-1/2" barrel, OLD MODEL, what are my best options? Cimarron has both brands listed, for almost the the same price. I wish I could get just a few custom options on said revolver, like a better-than-standard, more period-correct bluing job, and a set of fairly fancy, unfinished grips-that I could finish myself.

Jordan Goodwin, Blacksmith

Offline Lefty Dude

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Retailers that carry the Peacemaker I want?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 04:11:46 PM »
Order from Cimarron, a Uberti 7 1/2" Cavalry Model Black powder frame. You will not be disappointed. I have the Artillery Model 5 1/2" BP frame. It is the most accurate SAA I own, and I have Colt Custom Shop 3rd Gen. as well.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 05:06:49 PM »
Maybe look in to the US Finish on that Uberti 7 1/2" Cavalry Model Black powder frame, Lefty Dude mentioned .

I bought an OT on GB with that finish, it is quite good... ( however being as how it was GB and still NIB I did not pay any extra )
In fact, I got it a bit below MSRP for the standard.... :)
I just lucked into the model & caliber I wanted.
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:29:31 PM »

Offline Little Dalton

• Top Active Citizen
  • -ad regem-
    • Axe & Anvil
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 05:10:31 PM »
Thanks! Yeah,  definitely want the "blackpowder" frame. Looks like Buffalo Arms has the same gun in stock for almost 75 bucks less than cimarron, with cimarron's name on it. They've actually got it listed with cimarron's charcoal blue finish for only $3 more than Cimarron's standard finish price-but that Charcoal Blue is out of stock.  :'(
Would someone please hurry up and buy my .45! ;D

Offline Little Dalton

• Top Active Citizen
  • -ad regem-
    • Axe & Anvil
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 06:21:26 PM »
Yeah, I would LOVE to have it in Cimarron's US finish, if i could get a deal on one. I just can't bring myself to spend extra on a finish when I'll probably wear most of it off in a year or two. I plan on carrying this thing every day here on the farm, and in the truck, hunting, etc. My R-M has a lot of holster wear from just a year of me carrying it. I think genuine holster wear is kinda pleasing, tho.

Offline Galloway

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 11:09:24 PM »
Be advised just because its listed on their site doesnt mean they have it in stock. I just tried to order two rifles from cimarron and was told to call back in six months at the earliest. You might email vallerie from their site and ask if they have one in stock. She helped me find one they did have on hand. Good luck

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 05:06:59 PM »
capnball
The 45 you are wanting to trade for the 44wcf . Tells us about it . Better yat post a few pictures .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com