Author Topic: Hope Everbody is Safe over there  (Read 35132 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hope Everbody is Safe over there
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2008, 06:11:23 PM »
Southland Corp. is the parent Co. Of 7-11 and Southland's HQ is in Dallas. Ever since I found out Chavez owns CITGO, I steer clear of 7-11.  They do have some good hot dogs though.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Dakota Dan from OZ

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2008, 09:44:27 PM »

You guy's are lucky you don't live Downunder,pump price this morning for Unleaded was $1.599 a litre I think there is 4.+ of our Litres to one of your US gallons which makes it around Aus $6.40-$7.00 @ gallon. :(  >:(

I had my 4x4 Toyota Prado put on Gas about 18 mths ago and I filled up this morning at.64.9 a litre cost me Aus $31.00 and I get around 450 kms out my gas tank, and around 500 kms out of the fuel tank I have in the 4x4.

Dakota  8)

My Pa once said "Son never take a knife to Gun Fight"  He told the truth.
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
SASA State Discipline Chairman
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2008, 11:43:22 PM »
By Gas, I assume you changed over to Propane or Natural Gas.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 11:14:10 PM »

Offline Dakota Dan from OZ

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2008, 02:54:57 AM »
By Gas, I assume you changed over to Propane or Natural Gas.

Sorry about that. LPG (Liquid Petroleum Gas) The stuff you see burning from the tops of oil refinerys.

Dakota  8)

My Pa once said "Son never take a knife to Gun Fight"  He told the truth.
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
SASA State Discipline Chairman
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2008, 07:31:51 AM »
It burns clean. I get a little skerd puttin' that stuff in the vehicle under pressure.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2008, 08:37:27 AM »
They converted a few Malibus to propane way back when. Stuck a pair of welder’s gloves in ‘em for fill ups. Wasn’t too bad after ya did it a few times.

Trouble ya had when ya did get it down was ya’d be it the tank about done ‘n ya’d hear, ‘Corporal, ya think ya could hang ‘round ‘n fill mine? I still ain’t comfortable with this stuff.’
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2008, 10:45:14 AM »
The County put Propane conversions on the Constable Units back in 96. All of them got phased out, but the Tanks are still at the garage.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2008, 11:11:25 AM »
Wow…. That was before I made Sergeant. Mustah been ’82 or so.

I recall right when those were surveyed that was the end of it. Might have put a couple of ‘em back ta gasoline. Like yer department, the tanks were still there when I left.

The refuelin’ I could get used to. But ya lost the trunk ‘n the performance dropped off. Won’t say how I know the latter. They’d reactivate me then fire me.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2008, 11:34:02 AM »
back in the early 60's John Deere started really pushing propane tractors, factory setup for propane only,  the propane dealers had a lot of propane and nothing to do with it.  my Dad bought a 630 JD  in 1960 bought the propane back then for a nickle a gallon,  I think we had a couple of more till everything changed to diesel in the mid to late 60's
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2008, 12:04:16 PM »
We still gotta few PG&E trucks rollin around that run on natural gas.  Tank sits in the front of the bed right against the rear window.  Sumpthin like that would make me nervous even though it's safer than propane. 

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2008, 12:12:05 PM »
Dominion Gas runs it's vehicles on it. Since we have so much of it, might wise to start converting over to it and tell the Sheik's to go screw themselves. keep some of that cash over here..............Buck 8) ::) :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2008, 12:24:02 PM »
Arcey, I wasn't gonna mention the power drop off. Besides the statutes of limitations done run out on that, Besides that, As I remember we were eatin' hot dogs and swappin' war stories when that incident was to have aledgely happened. I remember it well.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2008, 12:29:50 PM »
Dominion Gas runs it's vehicles on it. Since we have so much of it, might wise to start converting over to it and tell the Sheik's to go screw themselves. keep some of that cash over here..............Buck 8) ::) :o

That's a dern good point Buck.  We got guys out here who go around collecting dirty cooking oil/grease from resturaunts an makin diesel outta it.  They may be hippies, but good on em fer not dependin on the middle east.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2008, 12:37:04 PM »
Now that ya mention it, I remember. Thems were some kindah good.

Someone told me. Stop watch. No traffic. Round three in the mornin’. Bridge on the i-state. No on ramps. Bout a quarter mile ‘cross. Call it Broad Creek, I think. I weren’t drivin’ there. Just a rumor……

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2008, 12:38:48 PM »
Leo, That;s called BIO-DIESEL. It's big in Texas. Willie Neslon is into it Big.  He's got a Truck Stop between D/FW and Waco that sells it.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2008, 12:41:07 PM »
Arcey, I got your back , MI AMIGO!

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2008, 12:53:52 PM »
There is a fellow that works in the same building as my wife.  He has modified 3 Mercedes to run on Bio-Diesel, he said it costs him about $.25 per gallon to make it from Used cooking oil that he mixes with Kerosine and some sort of catalyst.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2008, 05:45:20 PM »
They were supposed to open Willie's Truck Stop on July Fourth. I have not been down that way since it opened. Willie has got an Ol' Mercedes that he runs the stuff in and all his Tour buses.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2008, 06:15:23 PM »
Had an almost new PU towed inta the shop in 83, LPG burner, worst burt up one I ever seen that was just a fire.  Hose leaked and it caught fire, was a ways from a VFD, course no cell phone, he ran down the road till someone came along.  Boss had to use the dollies, rear tires popped, insurance totaled it and took it.  Twas a good tailegate, taillite lenses and a rear bumper, but didn't bring much at the salvage pool. 

The fact the paint was burned a bit on the tank in the back was the scary part.  Guy got singed a little bit, not bad, but when he bailed it was already to hot to try to shut off the tank and the durn thing was full, melted the hood and all the freeze plugs in the block.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2008, 06:27:11 PM »
One of the guys on the Lab Board in Houston just posted he's starting to get hit and was gonna sign off and take the dogs and him to their shelter area, he's high enough to not worry about the storm surge.  he hopped to report back when the eye hit at maybe 3-4 am.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com