Author Topic: 22s for practice, revisted  (Read 3021 times)

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
22s for practice, revisted
« on: August 17, 2012, 12:43:12 PM »
Guys I know nothing of this brand but it does stir my interest BUT not enough to bid.  Look at the photos closely to see the unique differences from what we commonly see.  I t also claims to use all steel construction, like the Colt made version and that mag looks very much like the ones my original Colt Conv uses.  If one of you guys bid let us know!  http://www.ebay.com/itm/120967330837?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_720wt_940

Offline August

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
Re: 22s for practice, revisted
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 07:32:04 AM »
When did Ebay start to list gun parts (again).

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 09:32:11 AM »
Haven't you heard about the economy?  They will quarantine us off again when the recession is over!  I have already picked up a couple of parts by specific brand and/or model searches.  Another interesting note, there are a couple of guys that seem to be buying new black powder guns, removing the cylinder, and then selling them as two stand alone parts at pretty good mark-ups.  Ebay is seldom bargain shopping!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:48:31 AM »

Offline Grapeshot

• Grapeshot. Cpt US Artillery
  • Top Active Citizen
  • WARTHOG
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 01:15:17 PM »
I just picked up an Essex frame, for a song,  complete with grip screw bushings, ejector, detent tube with both detents and spring.  I will be fitting the rest of the parts and fitting my Ceiner .22 conversion kit for a dedicated .22 1911 style pistol for practice.
Listen!  Do you hear that?  The roar of Cannons and the screams of the dying.  Ahh!  Music to my ears.

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 08:26:54 AM »
In addition to the Ceinier unit, I currently have a cheap Chiappa 1911-22 and the old Colt style conversion unit.  No doubt that the Colt unit is the premier act to be followed BUT.  With the good Colt magazines now running upwards of the hundred dollar mark, it gets a bit scary supplying practice mags for a day on the range.  I am not sure what is going on but the one company who currently makes a usable replacement mag for the Colt conversion unit, with a follower that should lock the gun open, grinds away the locking tab???  Be sure to always keep a tiny bit of Break-Free on the floating chamber, them do be a booger iffen you let them get locked up!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com