Author Topic: CVA Remington-who made it ?  (Read 2360 times)

Offline a454me

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
CVA Remington-who made it ?
« on: November 30, 2007, 01:34:29 PM »
A friend got a revolver kit at a yard sale ,it's a CVA Remington copy with brass frame .I'ts never been assembled and as near as I can tell the only part missing is 1 nipple .I know they were'nt made with brass frames originally but I was considering buying it for the parts as it looks just like my Pietta .My question is who made CVA replicas ?
thanks

Offline Flint

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: CVA Remington-who made it ?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 03:30:08 PM »
ASM stands for "Armi San Marco"
The man who beats his sword into a plowshare shall farm for the man who did not.

SASS 976, NRA Life
Los Vaqueros and Tombstone Ghost Riders, Tucson/Tombstone, AZ.
Alumnus of Hole in the Wall Gang, Piru, CA, Panorama Sportsman's Club, Sylmar, CA, Ojai Desperados, Ojai, CA, SWPL, Los Angeles, CA

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 09:05:53 PM »
Look on the barrel under the rammer for a mark. CVA, Navy, & others often switched around between ASM, Pietta, Uberti, & Euroarms (Armi San Poalo). The same importer could at various times have sold 3 or 4 makes. Let us know what you see under the barrel and we can tell you if it's there. Otherwise the mark might be on the frame.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:01:57 PM »

Offline a454me

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 09:13:35 AM »
Thanks for the replies ,It's an ASM I picked the gun up yesterday and cleaned a little rust off barrel ( gun was never finished/blued ) and found the ASM marking on it .Next question are the parts possibly compatible with my pietta ,I already tried the cylinder in my Pietta and it fits but doesn't lock up on all chambers .Does anyone need a brass frame/barrel assembly ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com