Author Topic: Range and Lead in Calgary  (Read 3211 times)

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • SASS #: 87747
  • GAF #: 502
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Range and Lead in Calgary
« on: March 10, 2009, 02:58:37 PM »
Hi folks
I need some help with information which I can pass on to two younger shooters in  Calgary . My son and a friend of his are interested in shooting CAS and BP cartridge . Right now they shoot at Shooters Edge in the city . It is a good spot but no CAS nor BP . Indoor range and has some limitations.

The friend is a bit more advanced shooter and reloader , and as well as a Range location he is trying to find some one near or around Calgary who may cast and sell lead bullets  , 45's 44-40 , 357 and 45-70 . I gave him The Bullet Barn info . Buffalo Arms can't or will not ship lead into Canada.

The boys have shot  at Sibbald (??) Flats , a Provincial Range outside Calgary but there are NO safety Regs in place and from the sounds of it  the range can be a harry scary spot ...

Anyway , if anyone can help it would be appreciated . Like to get these guys shooting and maybe they can drag the old man out to Rockey or BC  ranges next summer. feel free to PM me if you like.
Regards
Dutchy
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline Haggis MacGurk

• Apprentice Maker of Big Sooty Clouds
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Range and Lead in Calgary
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 10:53:05 AM »
Howdy,
           Don't know of a place in Canada that sells softer lead for BP, but I have ordered from Springfield in the past, and there was no problem getting bullets across the border, right to my door in Edmonton. He sells the complete line of Big Lube products. His website is www.whyteleatherworks.com.  The only other real option for BP is to cast your own.

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 12:51:04 PM »
Dutchy:

I've sent you an e-mail with some contact info for Calgary CAS ....  didn't know if the fellows in question would want it put in a forum post ....
Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:42:57 AM »

Offline Russian

• Grand Duke of Russia
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 03:52:59 PM »
We do monthly CAS matches at the Sheppard Range CDTSA.org starting in April.  I think its the only game in town for CAS.

Schedule is on the website and fee for non members is $20, but everyone is invited!  The more the better.
Russian SASS 78317

Великий князь Алексей Александрович в России

За Веру, Царя и Отечество!

Winchester afficionado

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 04:04:38 PM »
Thanks pard . I'll pass this on . Any assistance is appreciated . Hopefully there might be 2 new members for you .
Dutchy
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline Russian

• Grand Duke of Russia
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 12:48:20 AM »
My pleasure.  If it strikes their fancy, let me know who they are and we'll lay out the welcome wagon.

(We'd do it anyhow, but if they feel more comfortable with a contact.....I can help)
Russian SASS 78317

Великий князь Алексей Александрович в России

За Веру, Царя и Отечество!

Winchester afficionado

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 05:44:54 AM »
i will for sure , I'll send a PM. One actually is home in New Brunswick and I hope to see him this week so I'll check their plans.

D.

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com