Author Topic: GAF Muster Update  (Read 29885 times)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
Re: GAF Muster Update 6
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2005, 04:00:17 PM »
I reallly, really, really HATE the chicken dance!
I'm with ya, Doc.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Lars

« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2005, 04:29:23 PM »
I do a mighty mean rendition of the chicken dance Del. ;)  On one occasion I even did the chicken dance while wearing a gorilla suit!!!  Now that was funny!

Posted by: Delmonico
Now my nights are going to be haunted by nightmares.

Posted by: Dr. Bob
Nightmares!  I'm afraid to close my eyes and go to sleep.  I reallly, really, really HATE the chicken dance!

Oyie, Oyie, Oyie!!! WHAT IS Fridday night around the campfire gonna turn into??

A Pee Pee dance competition -- now that has something sorta "unique" about........it.......... sorta.............

Now a chicken dance competition......nnnnnooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And all that good cooking by Delmonico...............plauged by nightmares of..................what should have been unspoken......

WHAT IS Fridday night around the campfire gonna turn into??

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: GAF Muster Application Deadline 10/17/05
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2005, 07:55:22 PM »
BTT
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Advertising

Re: GAF Muster Update
« Reply #63 on: Today at 02:49:09 PM »

Offline Lou Graham

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2005, 08:40:14 PM »
It's out of control, Lars. ;D

And I'm not even there yet.

Soot Lady
You can never be too thin, too rich or have too much ammo

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2005, 09:38:56 PM »
This is too funny!  I'm passing on the Pee Pee Dance...but if the Bird Dance - the Sesame Street version -  is the same as the Chicken Dance - well......can do  8)  Count me in   :o
A six-shooter makes men and women equal.  - Agnes Morley Cleaveland (1818-1889)

I should like a little fun now and then.  Life is altogether too sober.  - Elizabeth Blackwell (1821-1910)

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2005, 11:00:25 PM »
This is too funny!  I'm passing on the Pee Pee Dance...but if the Bird Dance - the Sesame Street version -  is the same as the Chicken Dance - well......can do  8)  Count me in   :o

All this Chicken Dance talk make me want to go play with my Chicken Dance Elmo.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2005, 11:45:05 PM »
Elmo in a kilt doing the big Bird chicken pee pee dance to the music of a nyckelharpa, I think I'm going to stay in to cook camp, even open it to refuges. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2005, 05:25:04 AM »
Personally, I'm planning to go into town and get drunk on Friday night in despair over what the GAF has sunken to. 

I admit chickens taste pretty good and I enjoy the aigs they lay, but doing a dance in their honor is a bit much.  Chickens is for frying and eating - or maybe stewing with some dumplings (Delmonico - I expect some support here!) - not imitating. 

As for dancing in joy of being able to go - pee pee that is - that also strikes me as ... shall we say .... bizarre?  Now, I know that a time or two I gave out with a sigh of relief upon going - but ain't never been "moved" to do a dance about it...

Yep, do believe I'll have to adjourn to town (or maybe over to the O'Club at Leavenworth) to avoid being associated with such doings...Maybe Lou and/or Dr Bob will want to join me....

US Scout
Bvt Col of Marines

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2005, 09:05:50 AM »
Scout,

Too Late!  You are already in it.  As for going into town to get drunk, well, your on your own there, but I am trying to bring that to take care of that so folks don't feel the need to drink and drive.  Don't know how successful I will be though...

And I feel I need to correct you on the Pee-Pee Dance.  I have always been under the impression that the Pee-Pee Dance was a dance on did when they reached critical mass when they were in a situation where Natures Call had to roll to voice mail....

Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Ol Gabe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2005, 09:16:59 AM »
Sirs, Staff, & Etc.,
To all those affecting an Off-Site Assessment of Local Potable Establishments during the Aforementioned Muster, please be advised of this Offices Rules of Imbibement, i.e. Adjt.'s Order #555.
All Officers, Staff & Etc., must be advised that the Proper order of Imbibement, posted November last, must not Vary from same unless the Treat is announced prior to the Change by each Officer, etc.
As all Officers are well aware of, the Order of Imbibement can be altered to best match the Locale and Campaign. Mr. Hill, my Associate from the UPRR Coy. had acquired  a supply for Inspection by those in attendance, but alas, the Rolling Stock destined to be Side Tracked and Outfitted for this purpose are not available at this time and this Office deeply and Most Humbly regrets the matter.
Please be advised, however, that Mr. Hill & this Office shall be following the Order of Imbibement as we Toast all in Attendance from our warm and cozy Rocking Chairs next to the Wood Stove in Mr. Hill's Warehouse, and we Promise to sample every case he has held back in Accordance with His time-worn Methodology of Tasting and Testing each, etc.
I remain,, etc.,
'Ol Gabe,
Bvt. Capt.,
Adjt.,
Dept. of the Missouri,
GAF
c/o Dunbar Station, Iowa Territory

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 91
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2005, 09:56:29 AM »
Who do I make the check out to?

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2005, 09:59:56 AM »
GAF National Shoot

Thank you
Major Matt Lewis

Offline Grizzle Bear

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2005, 10:09:23 AM »
Ol' Gabe:

After reading your last missive several times, I am still unsure of your intentions.  Therefore, I will simply ask you straight out:

Is you comin', or is you ain't?

Grizzle Bear

Rob Brannon
General troublemaker and instigator
NCOWS Senator
NCOWS #357
http://www.ncows.org/KVC.htm
"I hereby swear and attest that I am willing to fight four wild Comanches at arm's length with the ammunition I am shooting in today's match."

Lars

« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2005, 01:14:12 PM »
Delmonico,

I only am willing to play Idioten for the Pee Pee dance competition, NOT for any Chicken Dance, no kind, no way, no how!!! A small point, perhaps.........

Maybe, just maybe????, US Scout will go drinking on the town and Lou will win by default?? Could this be the saviour of Friday night?

But then, after Lou posted the following, maybe a refugue would be ............

Quote from: Lou Graham
It's out of control, Lars. ;D

And I'm not even there yet.

Lars ............. who is still wondering about Friday night.

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2005, 04:43:08 PM »
Scout,

And I feel I need to correct you on the Pee-Pee Dance.  I have always been under the impression that the Pee-Pee Dance was a dance on did when they reached critical mass when they were in a situation where Natures Call had to roll to voice mail....

Major Lewis,

If and when I achieve "critical mass" there ain't gonna be no fancy dancing about achieving it!   :o :o :o

Mostly it'll be the knee-squeeze shuffle!   ::) :P  Last I heard, there wasn't no music writ for it, 'ceptin' maybe a bugle charge!

As fer drinkin' and drivin' - the local town ain't all that big last I recall.  Who needs to drive?

US Scout
Bvt Col of Marines

Offline Lou Graham

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2005, 05:21:46 PM »
I can't believe one little Pee-Pee dance can cause so much trouble. ;D
Drunks roamin' the town
Campfire fights over what song to play
The cook in a uproar
Chickens on the loose
Low morale in the GAF ranks
Folks with nightmares

You fellers need to get out more.  My dance is common occurance at  shoots, the locals don't pay much attention anymore ;D

Soot Lady
You can never be too thin, too rich or have too much ammo

Offline Ol Gabe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2005, 05:49:49 PM »
G.B., Kind Sir,
Alas, my Employer, read that as my Arch-rival and Alter-ego, had a massive brain fade when he, that is 'I', first scheduled the event on this Fall's calendar. The dates unforetunately were filled by family events previously listed and non-negotiable to get out of. Sooooo, thusly my presence, although scary to some, will still be there in the form of a Muster sponsorship and my Dept. of Missouri HQ Guidon proudly flown at the camp of Dr. Bob, an erstwhile accomplice whose help and kindness I cannot afford to pass up. However, next year the dates will be implanted as soon as the calendar reaches my humble doorstep and cast in stone, for after all, where can one see and participate in such elaborate and outstanding endeavors such as this year's Pee-Pee dance and listen to the Idiotem played on original instruments?
"Shabash Pipee!" Next year the original, one and only, Territorial Border Guards Pipe Band may be reconstituted to Pipe in the Colours, but only time, vacation schedules and etc., will tell.
Best regards and good shooting!
'Ol Gabe

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2005, 06:18:16 PM »
Lou,

Don't let them intimidate you!  I now can not imagine the GAF Muster without the coveted Pee-Pee Dance.  The Cook will cook, The Musicans will hamonize, and everybody will have a good time....

As for morale, I would say that morale is high.  At least from my point of view.  Of course I have a great reason for high morale and y'all that make it too the shoot will too...
Major Matt Lewis

Offline Ol Gabe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2005, 06:35:40 PM »
"(The) Drunks (are) roamin' the town,
(There's) Campfire fights (oe'r) what song to play,
The cook('s all) in a uproar,
(And his) Chickens (are) on the loose.
(Its thunderin' up a storm and)
Folks (are havin') nightmares,
But Gee its good to be back home (again)!"

Yee Haw! Knew there was a 2-Step Song in there someplace!
Alrighty, Lars, put yer NickeleeHarpy to work and "get 'r done!"
Best regards and good bowing!
'Ol Gabe

Lars

« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2005, 07:42:56 PM »
I see a momentous solution...............!!!!

Old Gabe dedecates the totally original Lou Graham-Old Gabe Pee Pee Dance campfire song to the second GAF Muster ........... AND...... of course .......................sings it while Lou dances.

I will play Idioten queitly in the background ..... maybe there should be a harmonica on the right side.............and a banjo on the left................?

Set to Scottish bagpipes next year? After all, if we start with a schottish tune this year, Scottish bagpipes are a "gotta have" for next year.

Lars

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com