Author Topic: THE INFAMOUS DERBY GANG RIDES AGAIN!  (Read 13365 times)

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
THE INFAMOUS DERBY GANG RIDES AGAIN!
« on: February 15, 2010, 11:25:44 AM »
I wear a derby (See my avatar).  Gun Click Rick wears a derby.  (Post your pic again, Rick.)

We're starting the INFAMOUS DERBY GANG.

The stated goal of the IDG is to take over the world one head at a time, and to have everyone except politicians wear derbies.  No politician is worthy of a derby.

If you want to be an INFAMOUS DERBY GANG member, post your name and a picture here.  Everyone (except as noted above) is eligible.

Professor Fuller Bullspit, are you going to join us?  Who else?
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
Re: THE INFAMOUS DERBY GANG RIDES AGAIN!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 02:53:14 PM »
Forty, That's a great new avatar. I would not mind being a member, but I need to find one that's big enough to fit my head(7 1/2).
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 04:32:05 PM »
I take a 7 7/8-8.  My daughter found mine at a sale of costumes and stuff at a community theater.  Bob "All Hat" Dumez up in Apple Valley can make you one.  Let me know if you want his number.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:13:50 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 10:57:47 AM »
I thought I had a big head, you got me beat. I found a Stetson one in the Old West Shop at the Fort on line.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 04:51:08 PM »
Check River Junction Trade Company.  They got 'em.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 08:24:55 PM »
I think I would look worse in a derby than Del does.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 08:06:10 PM »
I think Derby's look better with shorter hair. I've still got my shoulder length hair. I'll probably wait to purchase one until I get a haircut.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 08:07:58 PM »
So now you tell me.

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1164
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 10:56:15 PM »
Ah My Dear Forty Rod -
I would LOVE to wear a Derby. Especially with a feather.

However, the Habidasher police (in the form of She Who Must Be Obeyed) objects strenuously. And the objection comes in the worst of all possible forms: the Spousal Laugh Test. If any hat fails the Spousal Laugh Test it must never darken my scalp again.

I once tried a Derby in the presence of My Lovely Spousal Unit. First the smile, then the giggle. I raised my eyebrows in query, and she roared out loud. I tried my "oh,poor me, but I like it" face and she began to collapse on the floor in an attack of laughter spasms!

after several days when she regained her composure and was able to look me in the face without bursting out laughing She explained that I looked like a reincarnation of Stan Laurel doing his comedy bit with his derby ...

but you wear it soooooooo well.

your derbyless servant
prof marvel
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 10:24:30 AM »
Get her one of her own.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 10:56:54 PM »
Forty, I'll try and get me a Derby next week and get a picture taken, with long hair and beard.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 12:18:44 AM »
That'll work.   ;D

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 01:12:34 AM »

well mr Rod, you forgot Curley  (yes it is dark) Old Top is lookin fot a special one

Prof M:  My wife laffed all the way down the street when I got this from Eagles Nest...but i preveailed.... She also don't like my "scout hat" either..oh well

good shootin
curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 01:21:51 AM »

here ya go, 4Trod, here is a pix with out the other stooges...heheheh

curleyh
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 11:00:55 AM »
Now you're cooking.  ;D

Offline Queasy Dillo

• Usual Suspect
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Boiler Plate Rat
    • Steel Carnival
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 02:48:40 AM »
I ain't got nobody at home to laugh at me.  Guess I'll just have to get my mockery here.   :P

"Get it together?  Lady, last time my people got it together we needed most of Robert Lee's backyard to bury the evidence."

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 09:22:27 AM »
Forty Rod,

I just bought a butternut Derby that will finish off an 1880s look, along with a jaket that has been on order for months.

When I get both, I will send a pic ....

Does this make me a member?
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 03:26:27 PM »
You bet your sweet bippy.  You're both members now, even that dang mean-lookin' armor plated rat.

Welcome to potential fame and glory.

Offline Queasy Dillo

• Usual Suspect
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Boiler Plate Rat
    • Steel Carnival
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 07:01:48 PM »
I can afford fame or I can afford glory.  I spent enough on surly that I can't afford both. 

On the plus side, I think I got my money's worth.   ;D
"Get it together?  Lady, last time my people got it together we needed most of Robert Lee's backyard to bury the evidence."

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 10:25:26 AM »
I can afford fame or I can afford glory.  I spent enough on surly that I can't afford both. 

On the plus side, I think I got my money's worth.   ;D

Welcome to The Fame And Glory 99 Cent Store.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com