Author Topic: WOW!!! Better than the History Channel!  (Read 18298 times)

Offline Grogan

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #3584
    • Grogan's Photo Albums
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
WOW!!! Better than the History Channel!
« on: August 26, 2009, 07:18:19 PM »
A friend who lives down near this (in the same area I used to live) told me he's going to get to go visit the Jaques Littleton (Private) Military Collection this weekend.

He sent me this link as a teaser...

http://www.prowleronline.com/scrapbook/neweventview.php?id=474

I'm ENVIOUS!   :o
Regards,
Grogan, SASS #3584

Frontiersman: The only category where you can play with your balls and shoot your wad while tweaking the nipples on a pair of 44s. -Canada Bill

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: WOW!!! Better than the History Channel!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 07:43:24 PM »
They did a story on that German tank restoration on the Military Channel several month's ago.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 08:07:52 PM »
The only other M-56 Scorpion SP gun I ever saw was at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.

Strange design with NO crew protection at all.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:54:15 AM »

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 08:30:28 PM »
The only other M-56 Scorpion SP gun I ever saw was at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.

Strange design with NO crew protection at all.

The gerry half tracks weren't much better.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 06:55:45 AM »
That is a rather extensive military vehicle collection. I have been to the Patton Museum at Fort Knox and they have an impressive collection of tracked military vehicles.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 09:58:22 PM »
Some of your photos are from the same place the History Ch. had their cameras!

Must be nice to have loads of cash, eh?!!

Thanks for sharing!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 09:01:37 AM »
All my pictures from the Patton Museum are lost, still hoping to unearth them.

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 06:04:54 AM »
All my pictures from the Patton Museum are lost, still hoping to unearth them.

If I go back, I'll make sure to send you digital copies.  I used to spend a lot of my lunch-times there when I was stationed at Ft. Knox.  It's been many moons since I was inside.  (I was outside last summer, but didn't have time for a proper visit.)  The last few times I was there I was distressed to see rust  :o on Gen. Patton's pistols.  (Engraved & silver plated SAA & ivory grips and an early S&W 357, blued, w/ ivory grips.)  Not a LOT of rust, but ...  >:(
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 01:18:35 PM »

If I go back, I'll make sure to send you digital copies.  I used to spend a lot of my lunch-times there when I was stationed at Ft. Knox.  It's been many moons since I was inside.  (I was outside last summer, but didn't have time for a proper visit.)  The last few times I was there I was distressed to see rust  :o on Gen. Patton's pistols.  (Engraved & silver plated SAA & ivory grips and an early S&W 357, blued, w/ ivory grips.)  Not a LOT of rust, but ...  >:(

I'm sure he'd be mad as heck about that.  He'd even get PO'd when someone would mistake the grips for pearl.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 01:38:40 PM »
Fort Sill has a large outdoor vehicle display at their Museum.  They have a beautiful brass Gatling gun inside the Museum there.

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 08:01:58 PM »
I'm sure he'd be mad as heck about that.  He'd even get PO'd when someone would mistake the grips for pearl.

Quite right!  He weren't no New Orleans pimp!  (Just one of MANY things I admire about him!  I don't much care for Mo-of-Pearl, myself - 'cept in a few instances.  I'll take ivory ANY time!)

;)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 08:48:06 PM »
He sure was one of a kind.  I've read more about him in books than what was in the movie.  His childhood and the way he chose to live it was somethin else.  It's almost like he was gearing up for war years bafore it happened.

Roland Deschain

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 08:56:35 PM »
Yep!  Good or bad ... war was his life.

And there are times when his type is desperately needed; in spite of what the namby-pamby feel-good types think & say!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 09:08:19 PM »
I couldn't agree more.  When the hammer needed to come down, there he was.  I can count a few countries that would be different today if it weren't for him.  I can think of another country that would be very different today if he had been listened to.

Roland Deschain

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 10:51:54 PM »
I couldn't agree more.  When the hammer needed to come down, there he was.  I can count a few countries that would be different today if it weren't for him.  I can think of another country that would be very different today if he had been listened to.

Amen!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 07:34:32 AM »
I think George C Scott did a good job in his role of Patton. I have visited with a couple of WW2 vets that served under him. They both agreed that he was a great leader and was relentless.

Offline MontanaSlick

• Like minded lover of the Old West
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 07:07:32 AM »
A local collector here in Spokane has Hitlers Mercedes Benz car he used in parades and personal use along with some others.

Saw him on the news the other day, were tawking millions fer a car?

No thanks, I'll keep my oil wells.

George had to portray G.Patton,with a name like George? Scott did a fine job in that moovie.
M.Slick

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 08:00:18 AM »
Several years ago I was on an extradition trip to Las Vegas. I stayed at the Imperial Palace downtown. At that time they had an auto museum in the area that was part of their parking garage. I don't remember much about the contents of the museum. I think they had one of Hitler's car's too.

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 08:12:16 PM »
Several years ago I was on an extradition trip to Las Vegas. I stayed at the Imperial Palace downtown. At that time they had an auto museum in the area that was part of their parking garage. I don't remember much about the contents of the museum. I think they had one of Hitler's car's too.

TLD, go here:
http://autocollections.com/index.cfm?tab=main&action=main
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 12:13:10 PM »
There were several Dusenbergs there and one vehicle I would have loved to own. It was a red 59 El Camino with a tri-power 348 and 4 speed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com