Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1817848 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #10700 on: April 10, 2009, 10:09:14 PM »
Some of the folks at the RWNN  wait with baited breath ta see what Del will return with.

Leo wanders through the prarie callin fer Lumpy all night.  Occasionaly he calls out fer the mule named after Del's sammich.  He gets the feeling that many folks will be disappointed come sunrise.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10701 on: April 10, 2009, 10:20:51 PM »
Occasionaly he calls out fer the mule named after Del's sammich.  

Quote from: Delmonico on November 28, 2005, 09:53:26 PM
  When the bread is done, Delmonico warms up the sauerkraut and slices some of the salted beef. (corned beef )  He slices the very dark rye bread, puts one the holey cheese, the meat, the dressing and the kraut.  He then butters the tops of the bread and browns them till the cheese melts and serves them fer suppper.  "Since my ridin' mule was with me when I got the beef I'll name it fer him.  I proclaim this a Reuban Samwhich."
::)

Some of the folks at the RWNN  wait with baited breath ta see what Del will return with.

<Aurthurs Note: Why does this make me think of store bought catfish bait. ::)>

A couple miles out of Dunning, Delmonico remembers what he was gonne get in Omaha besides what the tornader destroyed.  He goes back and telly-graphs an order for a couple dozen tooth brushes and a case of tooth powder. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #10702 on: April 10, 2009, 10:40:45 PM »
Aint gonna use one a them grinnin crutches up there, gust gonna tell ya that about busted ma gut.

OK, Ill use one a the guys :D

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

« Reply #10703 on: Today at 10:58:27 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #10703 on: April 11, 2009, 01:53:55 PM »
Demonico ordered the extra tooth brushes and tooth powder to make sure he and Rueben can take of their teeth till next winter.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #10704 on: April 11, 2009, 02:03:25 PM »
I was thinkin he aquisitioned em so he didn't have ta smell all ours breath no more.

Leo finds fresh camel sign and follows.  He is concered that Lumpy has gone back to the Oasis ta find his original owner.  He thinks "fair is fair, but what will become of Rueben?"

Roland Deschain

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10705 on: April 11, 2009, 02:14:04 PM »
Delmonico makes it home, he sees Reuben is gone and the steam traction engine is cold.  Thinkin' Slim is out over workin' a good ridin' mule, Delmonico digs out his Great 8. ;D

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10706 on: April 11, 2009, 04:25:12 PM »
Gun Fight at Dunning!    Film at 11!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #10707 on: April 11, 2009, 04:28:32 PM »
Gun Fight at Dunning!    Film at 11!

Us at the ranch won't git ta watch it.  If ya recall tha magic box met with an untimely demise. ::)

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10708 on: April 11, 2009, 06:15:32 PM »
Folks may have to take a ride into town for a close up view.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10709 on: April 11, 2009, 09:11:27 PM »
After searching the ranch and not finding Slim, Delmonico hitches up the buggy anf goes off searching for him and Reuben. :o ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #10710 on: April 11, 2009, 11:46:04 PM »
As Leo stands in the middle of a cornfield tryin ta get his bearings he is hit batween the eyes with a huge wad of spit.  He looks up and sees Lumpy standing just outside the field.
     "Dang Boy, that was a fifty yard shot!  Kin ya teach me how ta do that when we get home?"

Leo runs to his trusty mount and says, "take me ta Rueben, the boss'll be mad as hornet if he finds him gone".

The two ride off in the direction of the RWNN.

Roland Deschain

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10711 on: April 12, 2009, 12:14:53 AM »
Delmonico parks the buggy in a blow out, and walks to the top of a nearby hill.  Taking cover in another blow out, he sees Leo and Lumpy through his field glasses, he stays down and starts to think of his plan of action or lack of it. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10712 on: April 12, 2009, 01:27:29 AM »
Delmonico doesn't have any  idea where Rueben is he knows that Rueben is looking for him. Rueben won't stop until he finds his pal Delmonico.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10713 on: April 12, 2009, 07:25:31 AM »
Even if Delmonico has to shoot Leo and Slim. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #10714 on: April 12, 2009, 09:26:45 AM »
Irish has managed to round up some of Slim's beeves that had gotten loose during the storm.  In the distance he sees Delmonico ride by in a buggy.  Irish gets this batch of beeves back to the "Ranch With No Name" and heads out insearch of Slim and the other beeves.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10715 on: April 12, 2009, 09:54:06 AM »
insearch of Slim and the other beeves.

Slim of course is lost again in the land of hills and gullies.  He remembers when he was a kid, they always told him that the moss grows on the north side of a tree.  Slim gets tired after severa; hours since he can't find a tree and so he sits down. ;D

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10716 on: April 12, 2009, 10:15:00 AM »
The sun is going down and it is getting colder, Slim feels the need to build a small fire for warmth. A hot cup of coffee would taste good right now , he thought.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10717 on: April 12, 2009, 10:17:29 AM »
But with no trees Slim can't find no wood for a fire and the country is so rough that the cattle stay out so there are no chips. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10718 on: April 12, 2009, 10:20:55 AM »
With no wood or cow chips, Slim tries to stay warm without the fire.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10719 on: April 12, 2009, 10:28:32 AM »
With an over cast sky and no moon, soon it gets really dark:

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com