Author Topic: October Has Entered The Buildin'!  (Read 288524 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: October Has Entered The Buildin'!
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2008, 10:17:44 AM »
Hey, y’all.

Been a long time since yestiddy mornin’. They’ve gone bargain shoppin’. It’ll be quiet fer awhile.

Great time at the shoot. I just kept score figgerin’ I’d have ta go early. Crowd size was just right ta get out a l’il after two. Wildcat Will wrote a good’n. Lottsa laffs. No one got shot.

Nice find, SP. Back in the day ya couldn’t get a 2” 60. They were snatched up before they hit the case. If ya could find one ya couldn’t touch it for anywhere near list. Wound up with a 3” 36, heavy barrel ‘n wide sights. The l’il revolver is a shooter but blue ‘n daily carry can be a rusty mess if ya ain’t real careful.

Funny how things change. Back then I didn’t cotton ta self-shuckers ‘n plastic. Now I don’t wanna carry anything else...
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2008, 10:38:31 AM »
used to have several double action revolvers, Colts and S&W,  that's all we could carry,   no auto's back then, had a friend got a Colt Goldcup for target shooting and I got to shooting with him, liked it real good and had to have one,  been all downhill for my revolvers since then, traded and sold most of em through the years, still got a S&W 66 2 1/2" barrel and a S&W 29 4",  ain't nothing wrong with double action revolvers, I guess time changes everything.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2008, 11:22:02 AM »
Still have most of mine. Separate safe from what I keep the active stuff in. Pull ‘em out once in a while ta check ‘em over. Three stainless the rest are blue. They’ll get rid of ‘em cheap when I pass on. Just don’t wanna let ‘em go. One is my issued service revolver I bought when we phased ‘em out. She’s been worked on a l’il since then.

Just that taday I’m convinced what I’m totin’ – for me – is a much better choice than what the city required me to carry back then. And what does the city do AFTER I retire? Issue the same thing I’m carryin’ now….

Phooey…
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #123 on: Today at 05:29:57 PM »

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2008, 11:40:09 AM »
We had a great time yesterday!  Arcey kept us shooters on our toes.  I had a "P" on the second shot of the first stage and it went downhill from there, at least I made Arcey do a bunch of cypherin!  Made plenty of fire, smoke, boom, and stink though.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2008, 12:42:01 PM »
Howdy, pards. Thanks for the cup, Sleep. Nice and sunny out this morning.

Sounds like a good day shootin, Tom. Great fun, there.

I get to stack the wood that's still in my truck from yesterday. One more load to go get but that'll happen another day. We went over to my cousin's for skirt steaks, red potatoes, acorn squash, stuffed zuchini, salad and raspberry cobbler last night. Lots of other stuff, too but those were the main items. My wife made some deviled eggs to take along. I don't need any breakfast or lunch today. ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2008, 12:44:12 PM »
Buck,

Prayers up from here too.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2008, 12:47:04 PM »
Young Will Brigand stopped by to see us and visit for a while.

That is good to hear, TenZ
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2008, 04:13:39 PM »
Hey All.

Crazy day, no shootin >:(

Aint a big fan of the snubbies, but that one Stoney got looks nice.  Lil's lookin fer a pistol all her own now (I spoilt her with the .357 rifle) and she's wantin it real bad.  Lookin around fer just the right one.  It's fun havin a wife that shoots ;D
That is until ya gotta buy ammo ::)

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2008, 04:50:40 PM »
We had a great time yesterday!  Arcey kept us shooters on our toes.  I had a "P" on the second shot of the first stage and it went downhill from there, at least I made Arcey do a bunch of cypherin!  Made plenty of fire, smoke, boom, and stink though.

Thanks for caring on in my place..... ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2008, 04:55:14 PM »
  Have a few self shuckers myself, caring one to and from, Montana carrys one too.  I still love a nice revolver, Single or double action. Smith or Colt.  Like to give 'em all a home.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2008, 05:17:17 PM »

evenin Y'all, I have more round guns than square,I used to carry either my Colt 1911 or my Browning Hi-Power when I worked the Armored car company. Now a days I'll usually have my S&W 342 PD airlite Ti in my waistband. It's so light that I don't even feel it there. Come winter I may go back to the 1911, But for now that 11 ounce .38 +P will do the job. ;D
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2008, 06:13:55 PM »
I only have one self-shucker; a P90 Ruger. The only DA revolver I have is a H&R pocket pistol.

Been raining since 2:30 pm.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2008, 07:33:29 PM »
we got done settin up everything in the houses today,  all we got to do now is light the fires tomorrow, be ready on Tuesday for the birds.

still  67 outside, made it almost up to 80 for a high today,  south wind was bringing in the humidity, supposed to be a chance of some rain tomorrow.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2008, 07:56:52 PM »
Here's something of interest for "War of Northern aggression" followers, The civil war in 4 minutes

http://www.idkwtf.com/videos/latest-videos/the-civil-war-in-four-minutes
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2008, 08:27:05 PM »
Well the National GAF Muster is over. I 'm spending the night in Lincoln.  TomorrowI'm going to the FORT to see Del again. I'm lookin at buyin a Black Hat and a frock coat .He says he's got em to fit me. Stayin in that barracks reminded me of being in the Army. I didn'tn get to to talk to Slim very long. I hope everyone is doing okay and I hope the Shooters did good in their matches this weekend. I enjoyed my first week of retirement and I hope I have many more.  LIT I will make sure we get a picture taken of Del and I together. We were too busy this weekend to do it.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2008, 08:42:16 PM »
glad to hear ya had a good time,  hope ya find just what yer looking for down at the fort.   ;D

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2008, 01:27:07 AM »
I almost forgot, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRO. SLEEP! I get mine on the 13th, then we will both be 61.  I'm on the road on the way back to TEXAS. I took a side trip to Lincoln to see Del again and to visit the FORT. I've already made some weak hotel room coffee.  Del brewed up some good COWBOY CAWFEE at the MUSTER.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2008, 04:27:07 AM »
Glad yer havin' ah good time Bro TLD.

MDS is history for 2008. Another really good match, Chuckaroo and his crowd do a great job.

Gonna hit tha road here in ah bit, y'all be good.

Litl Rooster, I'll wave as I go by ;)

HOT CAWFEE!!!
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2008, 05:32:49 AM »
Here's something of interest for "War of Northern aggression" followers, The civil war in 4 minutes

http://www.idkwtf.com/videos/latest-videos/the-civil-war-in-four-minutes
That's a right fine job done there.  I'd need to watch it a few times to see eveything as so much was going on at the same time.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2008, 05:41:31 AM »
Tensleeps ....I'd tell ya to stop for coffee,   but I'll probably pass you on the Highway.   Yon have a safe day travlin'

Tex... you do the same also

Thanks for the coffee.
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com