Author Topic: 1858 Armi San Paulo in .44  (Read 20500 times)

Offline Halfway Creek Charlie

• AKA Old Dragoon,The Gunslinger and other no so polite names...
  • Top Active Citizen
  • My Wyatte Earp Impression
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 1858 Armi San Paulo in .44
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 07:48:49 PM »
Kirst Uberti Cylinders fit the ASP/Euroarms '58 Rem, as does the original Uberti BP cylinders. Have only heard this account of the R&D not fitting.

SAS-76873
NCOWS-2955
SCORRS
STORM-243
WARTHOG

Shooting History (original), Remy NMA Conversions, 1863 New Model Pocket Model C.F. Conversion, Remy Model 1889 12Ga. Coach Gun
2nd. Gen. "C" Series Colt 1851 Navies
Centennial Arms/Centaur 1860 Armies
1860 Civilian Henry 45LC (soon to be 44 Henry Flat C.F.(Uberti)
Remingon Creedmore Rolling Block 45-70 (Pedersoli)

"Cut his ears off and send them to that Marshall in Sheridan" Prentice Ritter

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Offline Smokin Gun

• "I Smoke Black Powder!"/ "Prefer an 1858 Remington"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Preferred Shootin' Iron 1858 Rem
    • Black Powder Revolver Forum
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2006, 07:48:27 AM »
Biermiester, I have a very old ASP Rem, and the sights will move but i had to carefully tap it with a hammer and a steel punch that I rounded off the sharp edges. My ASP now shoot on the X but the site is almost about on the right edge of the octagon barrel. Long as i hit what I'mm shootin' at I don't care...LoL!
Mine will take .457 balls but got in a little harder(those were swedged@.458-.459). The Chamber mouths are beveled alot more than the Euroarm, Uberti, and Piettas. I figure if I can get more lead in the chambers all the better. Bought a 2 cav Lee mold yesturday .457" for my 1858 Uberti and Colt Signature Dragoon. May make some today my guess is they will be closer to .4565"-.457". Will let ya know.
On the Uberti cylinder, the ASP or Uberti Feel the same ... great fit. The Uberti date Stamp is a BU I think that's 2004. You could order a cyl. pin from S&S Firearms(Euroarms).
http://www.ssfirearms.com/

ASP
Mosby's Rangers
43rd Virginia Cavalry C.S.A.
SASS# 19634
http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php

Offline Biermeister

• Biermeister
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2006, 09:47:40 AM »
Smokin_Gu,
       Thanks for the info. I finally used a steel punch and the sight moved just slightly. before I move it anymore I will have to take it out and shoot it. I may order the cylinder and base pin from S&S. I like how the ASP's feel, they just seem to fit me very well. I have a two cavity Lee molds in .454 and .380 dia. They sure make it easy to cast a quality round ball.
USNR-Ret (Seabees)
Retired Reserve Police Officer
Disabled Veteran
Two years Washingon Army National Guard
Member 4th Army ROTC Rifleteam assigned to MTU#6 Ft. Ord, CA 1979
Former Dryland Wheat Farmer & Cattleman

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 02:45:48 PM »

Offline Smokin Gun

• "I Smoke Black Powder!"/ "Prefer an 1858 Remington"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Preferred Shootin' Iron 1858 Rem
    • Black Powder Revolver Forum
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2006, 12:31:18 PM »
Good deal on the sight adjustment. I finally zeroed the ASP Rem at the range last time out. She was shooin' wat right, so tappin the front site way right brought impact way left to the "X". I got tired of usin' Kentucky Windage...even though I makin' tin cans dance. I do like the feel of the ASP and xlint balance, seems to make point and shoot a lil easier. As I see it the ASP/Euroarms Rems feel best tight chamber to barrel dimensions, the Uberti is next in size Well finnished/smooth action, then the Pietta is a lil bigger good chamber/barrel dimensions, after deburing the action very smooth, accurate . I like um all each offer their own best qualities.
I was shootin' .375" balls in my Pietta Paterson, but bought the Lee 2 cav .380" for my 1851 Navy Uberti...which had been sittin in the safe a spell. I had traded off my Paterson to a friend for Uberti 1858 Rem 2004. I just had to have one and couldn't twirl my Paterson. LoL!
Anyway was a good trade we both got what we wanted. Ya see I am a Remington man that has a few Colts. But like I always say you only really need one Remington...maybe one for each hand. But more is better too!
Mosby's Rangers
43rd Virginia Cavalry C.S.A.
SASS# 19634
http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com