Author Topic: Baby dragoon and R&D cylinder  (Read 3306 times)

jiminy criquet

Baby dragoon and R&D cylinder
« on: November 23, 2005, 11:49:54 AM »
I asked this in an email to the R&D gunshop 'contact' email (which bounced), so I'm asking it here:  Does anyone know if the .32 R&D conversion cylinder (Uberti) will work in an early (1970's?) Armi San Marco Baby Dragoon?

(By comparison, I also have a mid 1980's CVA Wells Fargo model, and the .31 cylinders are not interchangeable between the two guns.)

Thanks.

PART II of the question:

Since the CVA Wells Fargo gun is a brass-framed 'parts' gun more or less, I'm wondering whether it's worth it to attempt to convert one of the two Wells Fargo 5-shot .31 cylinders to fire cartridges in the Baby Dragoon.  I could probably drill the cylinder and rebate it enough to work...but I'm thinking the hard part would be to get a 'firing pin' to work in the backplate for centerfire cartridges.  Rimfire .32, like the original conversions, would of course be simpler.  Any thoughts or ideas?

Offline Waya

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Baby dragoon and R&D cylinder
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 10:08:49 PM »
I asked this in an email to the R&D gunshop 'contact' email (which bounced), so I'm asking it here:  Does anyone know if the .32 R&D conversion cylinder (Uberti) will work in an early (1970's?) Armi San Marco Baby Dragoon?

(By comparison, I also have a mid 1980's CVA Wells Fargo model, and the .31 cylinders are not interchangeable between the two guns.)

Thanks.

PART II of the question:

Since the CVA Wells Fargo gun is a brass-framed 'parts' gun more or less, I'm wondering whether it's worth it to attempt to convert one of the two Wells Fargo 5-shot .31 cylinders to fire cartridges in the Baby Dragoon.  I could probably drill the cylinder and rebate it enough to work...but I'm thinking the hard part would be to get a 'firing pin' to work in the backplate for centerfire cartridges.  Rimfire .32, like the original conversions, would of course be simpler.  Any thoughts or ideas?

Several years ago, my Brother and I made a conversion ring for an Armi San Marco .31 cal. but never worked on chopping the cylinder to fit a .32 ctg. We based the ring on the Legal Defender so we could load the pistol through a loading slot cut into the right recoil shield.

Recently, I dug the conversion ring out of the box I had it stored in, and we intend to work on this project untill finished.

I took the conversion ring and placed it on a Uberti Pocket Police that I have, and it fits perfect, so I may also make another conversion ring and fit it to the Pocket Police, but I'll have to buy a Pocket Navy Cylinder to chop, ream and throat.

We are thinking of chambering the .31 for a .32 Long S & W,, which will work nicely. But for now, we don't have our equipment set up, and won't have it set up untill sometime after the first of the year, January 1st, 2007, as we're currently in the process of taking in part of the garage for a workshop.

When we have accomplished this task, we intend on posting photos and etc. here on CAS City, so you may want to stay tuned !!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne - "The Shootist"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com