Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1293301 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #3260 on: May 04, 2013, 11:13:31 PM »
Speaking of big window Barry-Coo-Dah's, this one was famous in it's day"

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3261 on: May 05, 2013, 07:24:05 AM »
Talladega. Providing fabricators across the nation with job security . Since 1969.

Gezzzz……… Another mess. Happy to see the the folks spendin’ big bucks to go got it in. Weather’s lookin’ a l’il, very l’il, better. With some luck they’ll get thru the weekend as scheduled or at least halfway.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #3262 on: May 05, 2013, 09:25:54 AM »
That 225 Slant  6. has been around since 60. I had several  Chrysler products Police cars. I owned a 74 New Yorker coupe with the 440.It was fast. I hated to change the spark plugs in it.
That 383 needed special tools to change the back spark plugs. Not enough room for your hands.

Also had a '77 Charger with a 400. Looked like the Magnum Major posted.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #3263 on: Today at 09:34:57 PM »

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
« Reply #3263 on: May 05, 2013, 11:00:35 AM »
"The Glory Days of Old Rides"...there is not much like them today.....No 2013 Mustangs fly'n through the air over a Chevy Camaro  or an ol' "Hot Rod Lincoln" these days.... ;)

;D ;D ;D RACE DAY! ;D ;D ;D

WOW!-----Regan Smith in the JR Motorsports #7 won the Aaron's 312 at Talladega Superspeedway thanks to the Yellow flag fly'n crash......Take 'em any way ya can...... ;D  ;D  ;D  missed what happened to the pretty li'l girl at lap 19 or so ???

Goofy Owner's Points line up today.....doesn't matter for the checkered flag..... 8)  8)  8)

GO 88
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #3264 on: May 05, 2013, 11:10:09 AM »
As Arcey said, The body fabricators will be busy till July, building new super speedway cars for the Daytona race in July.  Congrat to Regan Smith and JR motorsports on their victory in the NNS  race at  Talladega.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3265 on: May 05, 2013, 12:24:18 PM »
Talladega. Providing fabricators across the nation with job security . Since 1969.

As Arcey said, The body fabricators will be busy till July, building new super speedway cars for the Daytona race in July.

As it was in the Begining.......Today........and at the End.......

No great insight here.... ::)

Dang If JR didn't get caught on pit row on the break out of a Yellow flag again or did he make it out just one lap down...  ???

GO 88

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3266 on: May 05, 2013, 04:13:56 PM »
It looks like the track willbe dried in a couple of hours, maybe they will get it in tonight.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3267 on: May 05, 2013, 04:18:50 PM »
It looks like the track willbe dried in a couple of hours, maybe they will get it in tonight.

They'll have to turn on their headlights if they do. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3268 on: May 05, 2013, 05:34:41 PM »
Race seems to be on the resume...no headlights needed....

JR behind the 48 to start....see if they can stay hooked up...

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3269 on: May 05, 2013, 05:53:39 PM »
The mute button is a wonderful thing when they are interviewing five time and wonder wimp.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3270 on: May 05, 2013, 07:57:33 PM »
The mute button is a wonderful thing when they are interviewing five time and wonder wimp.

The booth too.

That tickled me. Watchin' two of Bob Jenkins' cars finish one, two was a hoot. Two more of the damned plate races left. Maybe Gilliland or Kvapil can win one.

Great finish.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3271 on: May 05, 2013, 08:07:06 PM »
OK, I found something really interesting doing some looking around at old hot rods, this one had me going WT**** (heck)  till I read what there was on why, makes all the sense in the world now, and Henry's revenge ain't the reason.  Would be fun to have now an pop the hood at some car show. ;D

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #3272 on: May 06, 2013, 07:03:26 AM »
Camaaro SS, three twos on a high rise. Unusual looking valve covers in there ??? ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3273 on: May 06, 2013, 07:56:01 AM »
Camaaro SS, three twos on a high rise. Unusual looking valve covers in there ??? ::)

What valve covers?   ;D  Stromsberg 97's them are. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3274 on: May 06, 2013, 09:30:04 AM »
My Dad would have enjoyed that. He wasn't a big Chevy fan, but he did love flat heads.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #3275 on: May 06, 2013, 01:16:00 PM »
Had a sneaking suspicion, Del, but didn't want to venture a guess ::) :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #3276 on: May 06, 2013, 01:29:14 PM »
I kinda like the David VS Goliath outcome , though I would have been just as please with Kenseth "in your face NASCAR finish"
Been Ok if Mikey had one more in him or ? maybe Shrub's Brother.
...anybody, but the "all that" Hendrick (s)quad !

Liked Shrub, man'n" up too
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3277 on: May 06, 2013, 03:28:09 PM »
I like Kayne and Dale Jr., but not the other 2.  I was glad to see Ragan and David Gilliland finish first and second. There have been several first time winners there since 69, when the track opened.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #3278 on: May 06, 2013, 04:32:30 PM »
I met both of them & Chad at Loews Industrials I've staged... both times at the Marriott World.
They are personal & poised, I staged directed all three, nice guys .... I'm not sure what the deal is , it may be I root for the underdog.
Hendrick has the most resources,  $$$$$$$ , and arguably the deepest driver talent pool....

I remember when McLaren & later Penske was the juggernaut, in Can-Am , & Penske at Indy.... Hendrick is the NASCAR juggernaut.
Like Audi at Lemans.

I love it when/if the little guy comes along and gets to shine....

I like to see Kurt Busch rip one off for his underfunded team , and Montoya or Ambrose win an oval ....
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3279 on: May 06, 2013, 06:37:51 PM »
There have been several first time winners there since 69, when the track opened.

One hit wonders too…….

Richard Brickhouse, Dick Brooks, Lennie Pond, Ron Bouchard, Bobby Hillin, Phil Parsons……….

Spenser won one on each plate track, same year back ta back. No where else. Lent credibility to the allegations of the ‘McManifold’ Junior Johnson got out of a Happy Meal.

Daytona can only claim that with one inactive driver, Greg Sacks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com