Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1292104 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #3040 on: February 24, 2013, 07:38:10 PM »
It were but he said on the radio his car was about ta blow up, he just didn't say why.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #3041 on: February 25, 2013, 06:42:57 AM »
That sounds like the engine dept. had a bad batch of parts. MWR didn't seem to have any engine problems that I heard about. I don't know who does their engines, it may just be a JGR problem. Those restrictior plate races are boring, no one can pass. I am in favor of less or none at all restrictions on the engines. Let them race!  She don't do Keys!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #3042 on: February 25, 2013, 08:24:07 AM »
what y'll do with yeti? Is he driving the Furniture Row truck or the souvenier van?
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #3043 on: Today at 12:39:14 AM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3043 on: February 25, 2013, 09:22:13 AM »
Stuff ain't been right since JGR got mixed up with TRD. Kenseth didn't know if his was engine or transmission problems. Bottom ends are right strong. The 18 prolly lost somethin' in the valve train - again. Same with the 11 I'm guessin'.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3044 on: February 25, 2013, 04:51:05 PM »
Maybe Gibbs' needs to not use a lower rear end ratio, where the engine is revving less. They are trying to get max power out of the engines at the cost to the valve train.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3045 on: February 25, 2013, 07:08:43 PM »
NASCAR’s makin’ the tail end call these days, gives ‘em two ratios to pick from for each track. Final drive on the transmissions, best I know, has to be one to one. Same for e’erbody. I dunno. All three manufacturers drop valves cuz they’re pretty much usin’ the same stuff there. Your earlier guess is mine, Tex – bad parts.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3046 on: February 25, 2013, 09:54:09 PM »
When you're turnin' those engines at close to 10 grand out there, something has got to give, and the valve train is usually the culprit.

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
« Reply #3047 on: February 28, 2013, 08:41:06 AM »
what y'll do with yeti? Is he driving the Furniture Row truck or the souvenier van?

Got sent on a road trip to LA just got back last night... Watched the race at a Pilot Truck Stop in Castaic CA....  Lounge filled with ill truckers so I just pop'd in from time to time and watched the last 25 laps avoiding getting sick my own self....

GO 88

Pretty Li'l Girl is just toooooo HOT!.......  TOP TEN!... ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3048 on: February 28, 2013, 09:47:31 AM »
Phoenix is this week end. It fits Tony Stewart's driving style.

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3049 on: February 28, 2013, 12:51:45 PM »
Phoenix is this week end. It fits Tony Stewart's driving style.

Smoke and Stewart-Haas Racing has a great chance to win at any track these days; HOWEVER,

the dominating winner at Pheonix International Speedway is Jimmie Johnson and Kevin Harvick is pretty tuff too....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dale Earnhardt Jr has NOT since he was a puppy..... Maybe NOW as a Big Dawg....

Go 88

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3050 on: February 28, 2013, 04:30:45 PM »
I would hate to see 5-time win 2 in a row. Harvick is my dark horse favorite. I am still picking Smoke to win this one.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #3051 on: February 28, 2013, 05:00:05 PM »
They's callin her a long shot but I say go little girl. 
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3052 on: February 28, 2013, 05:29:58 PM »
I think that Danica has a better chance on the SuperSpeedways and the 1.5 mile tracks than the tracks of 1 mile or less.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3053 on: March 01, 2013, 07:15:37 PM »
Figgered there'd be at least one Ford in the top ten. Oh well.......

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3054 on: March 02, 2013, 08:48:31 AM »
Roush is behind on the Gen 6 car. Biffle seems to doing better than Edwards and  Stenhouse. Penske's Fords have been more competitive as well.  Kenseth seems to be having problems with visibility with the Toyota.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3055 on: March 02, 2013, 07:12:34 PM »
That was more like racin’ the way I enjoy it - even if Busch did stink it up at the end.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3056 on: March 02, 2013, 08:39:12 PM »
JGR has now got cars in the NNS, they otta be able to do some R&D on their cars.

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3057 on: March 03, 2013, 07:19:29 AM »
;D  ;D RACE DAY!  ;D  ;D

Jr did not do well at practice but keep'n the faith for a top 5....  ;)  ;)

GO 88
;D

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3058 on: March 03, 2013, 11:06:47 AM »
Junebug needs to win one soon. I was glad to see Mark Martin win the pole at Phoenix. He's overdue for a win as well.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3059 on: March 03, 2013, 01:32:27 PM »
I guess Kenny Wallace thinks the morons listenin’ are hard of hearin’. He yells ‘n they’re the only ones payin’ any attention to ‘im……

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com