Author Topic: Encampment Cancelled  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Encampment Cancelled
« on: March 24, 2013, 01:04:46 PM »

See other thread.
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Tsalagidave

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dave Rodgers
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
Re: Encampment Cancelled
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 12:17:58 PM »
I'm sorry to hear this news but it is one of the biggest hurdles for an organization that is just starting out. The problem is that we are scattered all over the place. The solution is to reach out to those within driving distance and form a "mess" with them for events.

Instead of getting too bummed out about this. I think there is an opportunity here for us to change our approach. Here is my suggested course of growing our little outfit.

• All of us should work on finding 2-4 good pards that we enjoy heading out on a weekend with every 1-4 months just for a little camping and shooting (period or not depending on the circumstances).
  • When one mess decides on a good place/time to "host" a period shoot, post the event information onto the site with pictures about 6 mos to a year ahead of time.
  • Turnout will always be a handful of guys but it is a good start to solidify friendships an keep your field experience honed.
  • Also, we should focus on the bigger meets and set up a campsite affiliated with our group. Members can either camp with us or at least make use of the social circle around our camp fire.
  • We can start using this platform to reach out to new recruits. I have already resolved to bring additional "loaner" gear to any event that I'll be attending. This way, we take the pressure of getting everything at once off new members.

I look forward to hearing additional feedback on this.

-Dave
Guns don't kill people; fathers with pretty daughters do.

Offline kentuckycharliec

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 09:45:56 PM »
Any members down Kentucky way? Let's see what we can do to get together; always willing to get out and burn powder!!
"I have never seen a Kentuckian without a gun … in my life" -Andrew Jackson, 1814

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:28:35 AM »

Offline Tsalagidave

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dave Rodgers
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 05:35:41 PM »
Kentucky,

I've been in your neck of the woods. That is a real nice place to be. Everyone should add a shooting match in the back woods of Tennessee or Kentucky to their bucket list if they haven't done it before.

-Dave
Guns don't kill people; fathers with pretty daughters do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com