Author Topic: Aircraft  (Read 775222 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Aircraft
« Reply #1480 on: May 16, 2011, 03:58:36 PM »
The latest info on "Chuckie" is that she is ay New Symarna Beach Florida. for restoration and modifications.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1481 on: May 16, 2011, 05:43:55 PM »
Bad timin'. Warbirds Over the Beach this weekend.

No complaint from me. Needs of the airplane come first 'n whenever.

Thanx, Tex.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1482 on: May 16, 2011, 06:09:55 PM »
"Chuckie" is having a Chin and a Ball Turret added as well as a Right waist gun. The folks at New Symna are hoping to have her ready by the weekend for the Air Show.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #1483 on: Today at 07:11:18 AM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1483 on: May 16, 2011, 06:30:31 PM »
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #1484 on: May 17, 2011, 06:31:56 AM »
Arcey, You've got to get over there and see that Lanc. if you can. only two left flying out of 7300 made!........Buck ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1485 on: May 17, 2011, 08:02:01 AM »
A Lanc made an appearence at Midland several years ago. I got to see it and I saw one at the Air Museum in Calgary when we went up there for the Stampede.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1486 on: May 17, 2011, 09:49:43 AM »
Plans are to take a ride out Friday ta look for the wayward bird again. That depends on where the transmitter shows 'im ta be. They'll most likely have the gate closed but where they'll tie a big airplane down can be seen from the road.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1487 on: May 19, 2011, 11:26:28 AM »
Well, It looks like the folks at New Symna got  "Chuckie" finished and she is headed back to the Museum in Va. She should already be there by now. I hope that she gets to take part in the Air Show scheduled for the weekend.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #1488 on: May 19, 2011, 03:08:06 PM »
 At the bottom of the page there's one that's been mentioned here once or 3 times

http://jsoh.org/displays.html

http://jsoh.org/performers.html

the Warrior Flight Team feature on the lower link flew over here last week while i was heading to town
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1489 on: May 19, 2011, 06:27:20 PM »
The data's been reported. The eagle was still there yestitty. What's happened is a bunch a fields flooded over awhile back. When the water went back inta Back Bay it left a fish or a thousand high 'n dry. Eatin' dead sushi don't bother their iron guts so he's found a cornucopia. He's liable ta grow old there. I'll try ta make one trip do for two tomorrow.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1490 on: May 19, 2011, 06:42:08 PM »
Sounds like a treasure trove fer 'im.  Bet he is happy.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #1491 on: May 19, 2011, 10:44:23 PM »
Sounds like a treasure trove fer 'im.  Bet he is happy.

... and full!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1492 on: May 20, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »
Productive ride.

The airport had someone stoppin' folks at the gate. There were so damned many airplanes sittn' out there ain't no tellin' where one started 'n 'nother ended when ya see 'em from the road. With the sun roof open I caught the full sound of one landin', flew right o'er the station wagon. My Dad, rest 'im, would hear a motor run like that 'n say, 'She's clear as ice water!' Saw 'nother from a couple hundred yards or so couldn't a been more'n a hundred feet o'er Princess Anne Rd. That was it. Ain't well educated 'nuff ta identify either. Know 'nuff ta say both single engined fighters.

Didn't see beak, feather ner talon of the bird at the fields. Headin' back I saw a juvenile bein' harassed by a couple black birds just short of beautiful downtown Pungo. Pulled onto a shut down general store's parkin' lot 'n two showed. Looked like they were scoutin' out the strawberry fields. Saw 'em soarin' for several minutes but neither came close enough ta see if one was fitted with a transmitter. That's NC or the boy named Camellia from last year's clutch. They disappeared down Indian River Rd. I wasn't a mile from the old, original Pungo range.

I don't get ta see eagles or airborne vintage airplanes live every day so the trip was well worth it.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1493 on: May 20, 2011, 12:47:21 PM »
Guessin it fits that ya mention the birds in the aircraft thread.  They is the original aircraft.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1494 on: May 20, 2011, 01:14:14 PM »
Hell, they're damned near as big as some experimental airplanes.........

Happier seein' 'em where they were instead of where I went lookin'. The fields are near the flight path. Downtown Pungo ain't. Don't think I could handle losin' another bird to a strike. The accident that took Momma Bird damn near killed me. Miss her grumpy old self 'n I just can't warm up to them folks raisin' up this year's clutch.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1495 on: May 20, 2011, 05:32:33 PM »
Well, "Chuckie" is parked out there somewhere. I hope that folks enjoy the additions made to her at New Symna. They added a ball turrett and  a chin.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1496 on: May 22, 2011, 07:15:37 PM »
I went over to Cavanaugh's flight Museum yesterday for our monthly Squadron meeting for the B29/24 Squadron.  Ol 927 is sitting in the hangar minus one of it's engines, so it won't be on tour for a while. Pricetag is about 60 grand to fix it.  Keeping these old aircraft is expensive.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1497 on: May 22, 2011, 10:22:38 PM »
Now Pop, you call that plane by it's given an proper name ya hear.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1498 on: May 23, 2011, 06:06:36 AM »
Okay Leo, The airplane formally named "Diamond Lil" is in our Hangar at Cavanaugh Museum of Flight for engine repairs.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1499 on: May 23, 2011, 09:45:38 AM »
Okay Leo, The airplane formally named "Diamond Lil" is in our Hangar at Cavanaugh Museum of Flight for engine repairs.

Thank you Sir!

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com