Author Topic: 45 Colt Gold -rush Problem -swap out for 1873?  (Read 1997 times)

Offline marko

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
45 Colt Gold -rush Problem -swap out for 1873?
« on: February 21, 2017, 07:25:29 PM »
Greetings.

I undersTAND THIS IS THE 1873 Winchester forum but i see allot of recent action on here. I also posted in the general topics but most posts are very old.
I saw there was a SASS with the handle of Deadeye Dallas, SASS #60249 and that he worked on and was able to make a Beretta run smoothly. Does anyone know where i can contact this Gentlemen or a smith who fixes these....i purchased a NIB and yes i know they are discontinued Gold rush that does not feed or fails to fire. Its a danger and i would like to have a smith who has worked /fixed these help me out.
I appreciate any help in this matter thanks and i look forward to feedback Mine is in 45c. Do i contact Beretta or Uberti.... i hope i can swap it out for an 1873 that would be nice.

Marko

Marko

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
Re: 45 Colt Gold -rush Problem -swap out for 1873?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 03:50:17 PM »
AS you probably already know, the Gold Rush was manufactured by Uberti for Beretta.  They have a very poor reputation for reliability and usually need considerable "work" to be made to run.  Often, at a cost approaching the original purchase price.

Deadeye Dallas specialized in Rossi built lightning replicas but was known to also work on other manufactures.  Since I retired from the trade, I haven't kept track of the Smiths who will actually work on a reproduction Lightning.  Several years ago, Deadeye Dallas dropped of the edge of the earth due to family matters.

I realize this doesn't help with your dilemma, but my suggestion is to trade it off for a reproduction '73.

Coffinmaker

PS:  Ooops, remembered one very good Gunplumber for the Lightning Repro - Lassiter is his alias.  Hangs out at the "Big Irons Rangers" in Ohio.  

Offline marko

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 04:57:26 PM »
Thanks for the information ....i spoke to Beretta today and they are having me send it to Midwest arms who handles their out of production guns. I spoke to a rep there and he told me they have had no problems fixing the Gold rush rifles and getting them to work as intended.

Marko

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:24:40 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com