Author Topic: How To Aim?  (Read 11076 times)

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 170
Re: How To Aim?
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 09:31:59 AM »
Driftwood you are correct, the older Colts are set for about 50 yards and will shoot high at 15 and higher at 25. WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline Popa Kapoff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 10:16:39 PM »
Aim small miss small.
Till we meet keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Offline cpt dan blodgett

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Conv 2013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 09:55:51 AM »
A trick an old friend in Texas taught me for CCW qualification shooting at standard police qualification target was to shoot the first shot then aim at the bullet hole for subsequent shots.

Fits in to the aim small miss small category.  Its all about focus and concentration.
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 06:50:17 AM »

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 170
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 11:58:06 AM »
Very good idea as long as yer first bullet hole is where ya want it. WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline Driftwood Johnson

• Driftwood Johnson
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2011, 01:12:38 PM »
A trick an old friend in Texas taught me for CCW qualification shooting at standard police qualification target was to shoot the first shot then aim at the bullet hole for subsequent shots.

Fits in to the aim small miss small category.  Its all about focus and concentration.

Howdy Again

That scheme will only work if your point of aim was the same as your point of impact. Think about it for a minute. Say your point of impact is one inch above your point of aim. You fire the first shot, then you aim at the bullet hole. Your next hit will be one inch above the first. And that's only if you can hold perfectly without shaking and can pull the trigger without jerking the gun. If you do shake a bit or jerk the trigger the point of impact will be farther away. If you want a small group, you are always better off aiming at the same spot for the entire string of shots. If you want to move the group, you are playing a guessing game.
That’s bad business! How long do you think I’d stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he’d pay me that much to stop robbing him, I’d stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com