Author Topic: Uberti Special Sporting Short - Replacement front/rear sight combination  (Read 1431 times)

Offline TheOtherLeft

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi Pards,

I'm about to replace the factory front/rear sights on my Uberti Special Sporting Short Rifle (pistol grip) as I hate the semi-buckhorn because I instinctively line up the top of the buckhorn with the front sight and hence my shots go high. I also want to more visible front fight.

I was thinking of buying the Marbles flat top (long version) and a Pioneer Gunworks Speed Sight (standard height). I understand I can also buy the Speed Sight (tall version). Would this taller front sight be better or would having the flat top rear sight be enough with the standard height Speed Sight. When I sighted in my rifle using the semi-buckhorn correctly and the step elevator at its lowest setting with the factory front sight my shots had the correct elevation at 25m.

Also one odd thing I noticed is that my semi-buckhorn is actually only 2.5" from the centre of the dovetail to the front face of the buckhorn. However on the Marbles website they list the two rear sights as 1-7/8" for the short (carbine) and 2-3/4" for the long sight (rifle). I noticed when sliding the step elevator rearwards at full full elevation it hits the receiver. Is the Marbles long version the correct one to buy and would the Marbles step elevator clear the receiver?

Note: this rifle is purely for SASS.

Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com