Author Topic: Taylor and co Gunfighter info  (Read 2655 times)

Offline William R. Foster

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Taylor and co Gunfighter info
« on: November 14, 2017, 05:48:22 AM »
Howdy pards, unless something changes my mind after i try some different wheel guns out i have settled on the Taylor and Co Gunfighter. The biggest reason for this is the grip. Since they use the Army grip it is longer and wider and i feel it will fit and fill my hand better. I remember toying with some standard uberti cattleman at one point and certainly remember how small the grip felt in hand and how i didnt care for it. Im hoping this will be my solution. That being said, i have some questions:

1- what is the quality of Taylor revolvers? Specifically the gunfighter if anyone has that model.
2- does either uberti/ cimarron offer a similar grip profile on their cattleman series?

Offline Bibbyman

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 99098
  • Liked:
Re: Taylor and co Gunfighter info
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 08:06:45 AM »
The EMF  Alchimista has the large grips.

https://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/-Alchimista-I-II-III-c67.htm

FYI,   Taylor's announced that they got in a run of Gunfighter in 44WCF and with short stroke hammers.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2167993933226290&id=224812657544437

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 09:00:44 AM »
The EMF  Alchimista has the large grips.

https://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/-Alchimista-I-II-III-c67.htm

FYI,   Taylor's announced that they got in a run of Gunfighter in 44WCF and with short stroke hammers.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2167993933226290&id=224812657544437

Thanks! Are the EMF products of good quality?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:26:56 AM »

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 474
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 10:35:13 AM »
Been following your journey into CAS shooting, Charley. You seem to be historically minded and desirous of being authentic.

If you are going for authenticity, keep in mind the Alchimistra is one of those "guns-that-never-was". Likewise, short-stroked firearms of any type are modern affectations by people in this sport who think it can make them a better shooter when competing. ;)

Although as always, it's your game, so go with what you have an itch for. God knows as you and your wallet get sucked further into this sport, you'll be acquiring lots of toys.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 127
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 07:31:15 PM »
Charlie Dubbia,

EMF is an importer.  They don't make any products.  The Alchimistia Line as offered by EMF are manufactured by Pietta as part of their Great Western II line.  There are those of us who practice the Dark Art of Gunplumbing who consider the Pietta built GW II's to be the best value for dollar in current production guns.  No claim is made for Authenticity.  The base model of GW II is however, a dead ringer for a Second Generation Colt.  Just don't look at the roll stamps.  If your end desire is for a CAS ready SA, take a hard look at the GW II.   

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 03:04:58 PM »
The Alchemista and the Gunfighter both have the so-called "1860 Army" grip shape but the Alchemista has Pietta's version while the Gunfighter has Uberti's version. They are a little different, just something to keep in mind.

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 03:48:39 AM »
Thanks folks.  Hoping to get my hands on some SAA clones at a LGS soon just to see how they feel.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com