Author Topic: New gunleather for my '75 S&W Schofields  (Read 5259 times)

Offline Thomas (Tom) Horn aka James Hicks

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS#86684 Wartrace Regulators
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New gunleather for my '75 S&W Schofields
« on: December 13, 2013, 02:03:26 PM »
Thought some of you might like to see these.  The holsters were made by Paul Combest of Reddog Leather and the canvas belt was done by David Carrico of Carrico's Leatherworks.  I was watching the movie "Crossfire Trail" and I saw the unusual holster he (Tom Selleck) wore packing his S&W ' 75 Schofield it was sorta like a Slim Jim cept it had a Single Loop with small studs and a leather thong.  I copied a picture frame from the movie and sent the picture to Paul at Reddog Leather.  Here is the end results... Paul does outstanding work making gunleather and his prices are very reasonable... he is a good man to work with.  The Canvas belt has larger than normal bullet loops, the bullet loops are 1 and 1/2" wide top to bottom and they cover most of a 45/44-40 cartridge. The 45-60 cartridges fit very well in these loops also. The Canvas Belt is referred to as a Canvas Buffalo Belt and it has the California Brass Clipped Corner Buckle.  When worn it closely resembles the same rig that Selleck wore as the character Rafe Covington in the movie.  I asked Paul to make the holsters so that the revolvers would ride a wee bit high and not fully seated as to be "period correct".  I am more concerned with what looks good and works for me as opposed to the "period correct" thing.  Too each his own.  In the movie Selleck has only rifle cartridges in the belt and he uses a Civil War Cap Pouch to carry his revolver cartridges.  I had one of these stamped as CS which goes well with the rig.  Pictures of the gun leather below.  Hope you all like...
"If I killed that kid, it was the best shot I ever made, and the dirtiest trick I ever did."

Offline Joespapa

• Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: New gunleather for my '75 S&W Schofields
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 08:43:20 AM »
Beautiful!  :)
JP

Offline Paladin UK

• UK`s 1st Warthog
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Have Gun.. "Might Travel"
    • White Knight Ranch... Homestead of Paladin UK
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 01:09:02 PM »

Nice to see something a tad different from the norm, thanks for sharing pard.

Paladin (what's getting excited about Xmas  ;D) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
 MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:16:39 PM »

Offline Jack Straw

• Very Active Citizen
  • SASS #1562
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 05:46:04 PM »
Hello Mr. Horn,

Congrats on the new leather.  They look really nice and I love the web belt as well.  My Schofs are runnin' fine and I thank you for that tip on adjusting the bolt spring on the last one I bought.

Jack Straw

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 06:12:17 PM »
Great looking gun leather. I'm jealous of you, sir.
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 06:32:46 PM »

This is what Paul of RedDog did for Old Top

he loves it

curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators