Author Topic: It has been a long time building, but it is done!  (Read 3926 times)

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Just taking one day at a time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
It has been a long time building, but it is done!
« on: August 28, 2009, 07:04:10 PM »
Howdy Pards,
 30 years ago I had a small remington rolling block action, and built a nice 22 rifle out of it! Bought the complete action for $5.00, but back then I only made $2.35 per hour, and had a wife and son to support! Well most of us have been threw this, but I needed money and a gun collector offered me over a month wages for it, so it went bye bye!
 I have allways wanted another, and last year I got a chance to buy a 1867 action, and I have been working on it off and on (do to my back problems) and I just got it finished Wensday.
 It isn't very fancy, but I think it will shoot well, it has a 34" long barrel and it is a 45-70! It sure isn't as nice as Sir Charles's rolling block's, but this is a starter!
Thanks for looking.
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
Re: It has been a long time building, but it is done!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 08:17:50 PM »
Looks nice, pard.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 07:06:05 AM »
Thanks for the kind words Slim. Like i said, it isn't that nice, but I did it my self and it is allways nice to make something out of nothing.
Later
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:38:58 AM »

Offline Muddy Creek Sam

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 10:39:02 PM »
Ace,

Damn nice Job.  ;D 8)Hope you like the Pics I sent you of my new 38-55.

Sam :D

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 12:55:08 PM »
Howdy Sam  :),
 That High Wall of yours is SWEET :o :o :o :o It has all the bells and whistles, which saves you big Bucks!!! Those shoot AWESOME, my friend has one, and it is a tack driver!!!!
Thanks for the Kudos on that old junker I built!
Later
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline Dusty Morningwood

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 05:56:07 AM »
Ace:
Anything that is a labor of love is beautiful.  Great job!

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 06:33:29 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Dusty,
 Since I got hurt, I have focused on making custom guns and custom leather rigs. It is very rewarding to take a pile of parts and make something work and work right. I missed a very good deal on a 36" bed jet lathe with lots of goodies! And it was cheap! My problems is I cannot stand over 15 mins. and cannot sit strait up in a chair, so when I am leather working, I have a good office chair on casters that I can lean back and relax! I have been shooting for 48 years, i have been reloading for 36 years, i sold all my progessive shotgun loaders, but still have 3 progessive pistol/rifle press, 2 single stages, 4 sets if powder scales and a $1200.00 bullet weight scale, 3 RCBS Powder dumps, and one Blending mull powder dump. 2 years ago, I bought a Cresent 16ga SXS in a box, and had to build firing pins, firing pin holders and springs, the internal hammers, and more! My back won't let me shot factory loads, and since I shot registered skeet for 4 years, I came up with a real nice 5/8oz load to shoot in the 16ga. So I am shooting a 410 load in a 16ga. For 20 years I rebuilt 1911's for all my friends. I just love guns. I have several on the back burner, but allways looking for the old single shot falling block or rolling block actions. I am not very good at fitting wood anymore!
If you every want to talk guns, just pm me and I might or might not be able to help you.
Later
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com