Author Topic: Update Shotgun Help Needed  (Read 2539 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
Update Shotgun Help Needed
« on: November 06, 2005, 03:17:53 PM »
 First I want to thank all the PARDS, who had some time and insight on several of us new shooter problems. They gained nothing (monetary) for their efforts, and are tied true and tested cowboy shooters. Arcey, Marauder,Stump Water, and any others I missed by name. Then there is the Halloway's also who allow us to play here. Thank You.

I just came back from the pasture where I tested my Stoeger for the umpteenth time this week, boy am I happy with my results. This gun still needs some tweaking but I can see I may shave 6 to 10 seconds per stage now.   1st: If you have not READ the marauders link to shotguns listed on the Shotgun Help Needed thread Read it! Read the entire link. I don't just mean the pages of gunsmithing tips, if you read it all, you will know what I am talking about.

2nd: The top action spring be it the factory or the aftermarket one available, take coils  off slowly, be willing to put it back in and test and take it out again. I am not a gunsmith, I just love tinkering....and have made notes on my mistakes and searched out answers. If you don't have the patients for this kind of detail work take it to a gunsmith.

3rd:  I by nature am a cheap @$$, I have been buying my target loads as cheap as I can find them, I don't have room for a reloader. But curosity got my goat today, I took some of my wife's AA rounds and used them, what a difference it made in the preformance of my gun..I don't know squat about loads I know the AA are a bit lighter at least I am told that. I can tell you this they do come out at open end alot better.

I don't if the others have gotten any results with their problems but I have. I think another evening I will be on my way to having this gun as close to perfect as it can be.

Mathew 5.9

Offline Micheal Fortune

• Top Active Citizen
    • Micheal Fortune
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Update Shotgun Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 06:28:05 PM »
litl rooster,

Even better than AA loads in that gun (I got one too) is AA Featherlights, reduced noise and reduce recoil loads.  They seem to only make them in the Spring so I buy them when I see them.

12AAFL8   is the code on the box, the shells have a feather on them.
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Offline Blue Moon

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 07:33:07 AM »
 :D

The only place I have found that carrys the AA Featherlites and seems to have them all the time is Scheel's Sports.

There is one in Coralville, Iowa and one in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.  They also give you 10% off a case purchase.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:33:45 PM »

Offline Laredo Crockett

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 10:57:43 PM »
If  you ever start reloading, load some with 3/4 ounces of shot and load to a velocity of around 1150 feet/second-they'll treat you right.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com