Author Topic: Range Report Rogers and Spencer Pistol  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Range Report Rogers and Spencer Pistol
« on: February 05, 2012, 07:09:20 AM »
Range report 04 FEB 2012:

I shot both R&S pistols yesterday - only 10 shots each due to other saturday duties (a daddies work is never done).

The pistols performed flawlessly, lock up is great, hammer spring is strong but triggers are nicely light - I would be suprised if they are over 3 lbs - not sure if I got lucky but having that trigger out of the box - both of them - was a nice suprise.

I used 2f Goex (25 grains per load) with RWS 1075 caps, wonder wads and .454 hornady swaged balls.

Plenty of smoke and boom and the balls rang steel strongly - felt recoil was negligible, with weight of pistols i could up powder charge a bit if I wanted to.

I only had one flier - operator error; otherwise pistol shot pretty much point of aim with the brass peg 1/3 visible in rear sight notch.

I can see whay these pistols are well liked by the NSSA crowd - close to all the upgrades of a Ruger Old Army but in a historical pistol that came in right at the end of hostilities and as cartridge guns were slowly winning over the masses.

I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Once I get more supplies I will shoot them in a match/hostile action and report my results to the GAF Cadre

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Offline Charles Isaac

• Grand Army of the Frontier
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Range Report Rogers and Spencer Pistol
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 07:56:09 PM »
Do you find the leverage in cocking them is better than a Remington due to the prominent hammer spur?  They do seem to be a robust design. 

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 06:43:05 AM »
CI cocks very nicely both two handed hold and duelist style.

The hammer travel is much shorter pulling back so that takes a little more to get used to.

I may go back to the "practice" and see if'n I can one hand these bad boys.

I am very impressed with triggers and how they are very nicely set right out of box.

PR

GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:01:56 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com