Author Topic: V notch rear sight?  (Read 2738 times)

Offline jphendren

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
V notch rear sight?
« on: September 03, 2010, 07:54:24 PM »
I am curious if anybody here knows if the long trench into the V rear sight is an Old Armory Original 1st Generation exclusive?  Is there any chance that other revolvers such as the Pre-War or Inspector Series could be given this rear sight on current production guns?

Anybody know what the diameter of a standard USFA cylinder should measure as compared to an Old Armory Original cylinder?

Thanks,

Jared

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: V notch rear sight?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 12:17:49 PM »
I know on the Pre-War there is an option to get the V-notch rear sight.

Offline mtone

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 04:08:07 PM »
All the BP framed revolvers come with a v notch rear and a tapered front sight.  All the inspector series guns should come with a BP frame and the BP frame is an option on the Pre War.  I think there's an extra charge for a BP frame on a standard single action.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:09:03 AM »

Offline jphendren

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 09:42:10 PM »
Hello,

I am not talking about the standard V-notch rear sight, but the V-notch rear sight offered on the Old Armory Original.  Take a look at the Old Armory Original page on USFA's site, the rear sight is different than the standard V-notch offered on USFA blackpowder frame guns.  There is a trench that tapers into the V-notch.  I found a picture of an original SAA built in 1881, and it indeed has this rear sight, just like the Old Armory Original.

USFA's website seems to indicate that this is exclusive to the Old Armory Original series revolvers.  I have been unable to find much of anything about the Old Armory guns, it would seem that they are not big sellers.

Jared

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com