Author Topic: USFA box?  (Read 3173 times)

Offline jphendren

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
USFA box?
« on: May 17, 2010, 11:24:51 PM »
I have noticed in a few images of USFA boxes, that there is a label inside the bottom and inside the lid.  When did USFA stop doing the label inside the bottom?  I just received a new Ainsworth, and my box only has the label inside the lid.

Jared

Offline mtone

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: USFA box?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 06:00:31 AM »
It's a mistake.  Probably the person put the label in the bottom by mistake.  Realized his/her error when the box was closed and put one in the top where it belongs.  The foam covers the one in the bottom of the box.  I've never seen one with a label in the bottom though I'm sure there are several out there.

Offline jphendren

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 10:02:53 AM »
If you go to USFA's webpage and look at the high resolution images, there is an
image of two Henry Nettletons with a box behind them. That box has a label on the bottom that is different than the lid label.  Nearly every high resolution image on USFA's webpage with a box in it, the box has that label. There was recently an 5.5" Rinaldo A Carr on Gunbroker, it had the same box with the lower lable, so I know that a gun sold with that box.

The label has "The US Revolver" on it. Below that it has "Forged frame," and "Central fire."

Jared

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:22:35 AM »

Offline mtone

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 05:54:14 AM »
OK.  I thought you were talking about the same labe on the top and bottom.   The "Central Fire" label doesn't exist anymore.   I bet they go back at least 8 years.

Offline jphendren

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 11:18:48 AM »
"The "Central Fire" label doesn't exist anymore."

OK, thats too bad, it's a neat looking addition to a USFA revolver.  I also noticed that the boxes with that label appear different than the newer boxes.

Jared

Offline mtone

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 10:42:24 PM »
The older boxes had a hinged top and were somewhat like a "box within a box".   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com