Author Topic: My Ainsworth arrived!  (Read 10843 times)

Offline Nueces

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Ainsworth arrived!
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 02:08:16 PM »
It's amazing what a little skin oil will do to a surface prepped for finishing. Sounds like Doug needs to be buying cases of those cheap disposable cotton gloves for his boys. Mine don't have any finger prints and a Ruger #1 I had Turnbull do a couple of years ago puts them to shame in the depth of the color. It looks like you're looking in to a very deep pool.

Offline mtone

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 08:33:33 PM »
 If it's only cosmetic, it will probably be sold as a blem.  I bought one awhile back from USFA that without a magnifying glass, I couldn't see the issue.  My dealer knew what the issues were and was sent out on approval. 

Offline jphendren

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2010, 08:46:59 PM »
Well, I picked up the replacement OW Ainsworth revolver this morning at my local FFL.  USFA built me an entirely new revolver; this one is what I had hoped for the first time around.  Even the sticker/label on the box is perfectly straight and centered (it was crooked on the first one).  No fingerprints that I can see anywhere, the checkering on the hammer is perfect, the cartouche is nice and straight this time (crooked on the 1st revolver), and the ejector works perfectly smooth.  I am not sure why, but this one came with fire blue screws and trigger, it looks very nice, and sets the revolver apart.  It took quite a while, from initial order, but USFA came through in the end.  Thanks USFA!  The first revolver was 6,781, and the new one is 6,784, they must not build too many of these.  My guess is that this is the only USFA OW Ainsworth with fire blue appointments in existence, at least I have never seen/heard of another.

Jared

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 03:23:18 AM »

Offline Wolfsburg

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2010, 10:13:56 PM »
Looking forward to pics!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk