Author Topic: The Wild Bunch-the movie  (Read 5926 times)

Offline Rayban

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Wild Bunch-the movie
« on: April 10, 2011, 08:19:24 PM »
I saw it for the first time ever last night.....pretty good movie.....the uncontrollable laughter (over nothing) was pretty annoying, but other than that, pretty good movie.

Offline Medicine Bear Charley

• Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: The Wild Bunch-the movie
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 12:39:56 AM »
Well I have to admit I had never watched it completely till yesterday, which is really strange because I like most of the character actors in the movie and can quote lines from most westerns. Decided it was time as I have the Wild Bunch bug to start shooting.
Charley

Slow down....you will get a more harmonious out come....

Offline Grigori_Storri

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 07:24:56 PM »
I saw the movie for the first time around ten to twelve years ago. Thought it was one of the coolest movies I had ever seen. I met Bo Hopkins "crazy lee" a couple of years ago. When he came back home to Greenwood SC for a visit. It was only for a second or so just shook his hand and told him I liked his work. Thinking about it now I think he is the only person who acted in that movie that is still alive.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:04:39 AM »

Offline joec

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 07:29:26 PM »
I've never seen it however with the cast it should be pretty good. I will see if I can find it on DVD.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Offline The Elderly Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 10:50:14 AM »
I first saw this movie in '69, just a few days after it had premiered. There is no way to express what a shocker it was then. This was before the days of splatter films and violence on such a level with such graphic depictions of bloodshed had never been seen before. Its themes, techniques and bloodletting have been so imitated ever since that most people don't realise that this is where it all first originated.

Offline Rayban

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 07:46:23 PM »
My wife commented about if we were watching the unedited version, since she could not believe it was shown like this when it first came out.
Myself, I thought The Godfather led the way, but that didn't come out til early 70's, as we all know.

Thanks for the insight.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 02:32:25 AM »
I saw the movie for the first time around ten to twelve years ago. Thought it was one of the coolest movies I had ever seen. I met Bo Hopkins "crazy lee" a couple of years ago. When he came back home to Greenwood SC for a visit. It was only for a second or so just shook his hand and told him I liked his work. Thinking about it now I think he is the only person who acted in that movie that is still alive.

Ernest Borgnine is still with us @ 94 and still working he has 3 films coming out in 2011  :o
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline The Elderly Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 12:24:22 PM »
I believe L.Q. Jones and Jaime Sanchez are still alive, so at least one star and three major supporting actors are still with us.

Offline Grigori_Storri

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 05:08:09 PM »
Ernest Borgnine 94 wow I thought he was already gone. I am happy that the two of you set me straight on that. Major 2 and Elderly Kid thank you so much. I will feel guilty if I hear in next few days that any of those three are gone.

Offline Springfield Slim

• Top Active Citizen
    • Whyte Leatherworks
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 11:44:40 AM »
Ernest Borgnine does the voice for Mermaid Man on the Spongebob cartoons, so I know he is still with us. Yeah, I have small kids.
Full time Mr. Mom and part time leatherworker and bullet caster

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 11:07:35 AM »
Holden- Borgnine- Johnson and Oates   this cast didn't have any girlie men in it

It run the other night I, recorded it to watch when some rain gets here
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com