Author Topic: Using a Military Rolling Block  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Tula Berdanka

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Using a Military Rolling Block
« on: April 25, 2013, 07:33:07 AM »
New to everything but firearms here. Interested in getting into CAS but was wondering if anyone is using military rolling blocks? Ive seen the pedersoli and etc sporting and target style rifles being used but never a good old .43 Spanish or .43 Egyptian
these are period appropriate and were available in the day.
is there a reason they arent used? i'd like to incorporate my .43 Egyptian that shoots great

Offline cpt dan blodgett

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Conv 2013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Using a Military Rolling Block
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 08:22:31 PM »
Should be just fine for Long Range Single Shot.  Plenty Rem Rolling Blocks on the Frontier
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

Offline Sam Perfye

• Top Active Citizen
  • Al Weaver
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 08:36:03 PM »
Check out the Grand Army of the Frontier, the Barracks here on CAS City. What we do is an off-shoot of CAS with Mil-spec weapons. I've seen rollers, trap-doors, early mausers, krags, mosin-nagants, lebels and martini-henrys all used to good effect. Let me know if you need more info. Al.
Raise the Black Flag and ride hard boys, Our cause is just and our enemies our many.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:39:05 PM »

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 11:39:53 PM »
Your roller is fine, but as was stated, it is used for long range matches, not regular SASS matches. For SASS matches you need two single action revolvers, a lever or pump rifle in pistol caliber and a double or pump shotgun, the latter with outside hammer.

For Long Range .43 Egyptian is fine...as long as you can find ammo for it! Welcome to the campfire. Go to The Barracks for more info about the Grand Army of the Frontier.
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com