Author Topic: Learning as I go...match by match.  (Read 8814 times)

Offline Tall Dark Slim

• Talkative and generally full of it, but harmless nonetheless.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Carolina Gunslinger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Learning as I go...match by match.
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 04:45:56 PM »
I've shot a few more matches along the way and have learned the most important lesson: make no mistakes. I had a dismal match two weeks ago where I could seemingly do no right and everything went wrong. Misses on every stage, shotgun troubles, a fundamental lack of smoothness. I have learned to love the silly cowboy silhouette  target because it is so prone to being missed. Through this I am able to deal with the pesky things and get on with the match.
Update: I lucked into matching OMVs with checkered GF grips which when combined with Longhunter spring kits(Jim and Brad Finch rock!) are deadly accurate and fast.
This past weekend I shot a clean first half of the match up until lunch. After lunch I was awarded a P for shooting the wrong fella first. There is something to be said for shadow shooting the stage properly. This mistake led to another compound mistake on the last stage which cost me the match in my category. A miss with the pistol....horrors!...led me to overspeed the rifle stage and botch the engagement sequence. Slow stage with a fifteen second fetter. The mistakes combined added 25 seconds to my time and cost me three places overall finishing 12th out of 42. Not too bad really, but I let myself down in the last stage. I resolve to be a more careful shooter and plan my stages better.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com