Author Topic: Why The 1860 is better than the 1858  (Read 6360 times)

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
Re: Why The 1860 is better than the 1858
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2018, 01:49:30 PM »
OK, my two cents is YES, the Rems are stronger with the top strap and cylinders are easier and faster to change-BUT, the Colts are nicer looking and feel better in the hand. Plus they have a more historical history and name and...……….! If I'd never handled a Colt style percussion or cartridge open top style, I'd probably would have been happy with a Remington, would have never felt the difference. I do shoot Remington percussion, but the Colts sure feel better in the hand. Fav' Colts are a 2nd Model Dragoon and Richards II (44Colt). I do enjoy my '60 44 Army percussion and '51 Navy (44) percussion though.
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Why The 1860 is better than the 1858
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2018, 03:52:56 PM »
We just had our club small annual CAS event and three of us shot Frontiersman. I shot my box stock .44 Remingtons, t'others shot Colt "wedgies".

Guess which guns had the fewest problems?

The old Remmies had a very tight curve behind the trigger guard which was brutal on the 2nd finger of large hands. I have small paws and still get the occasional knuckle rap. The newest Pietta Remmies have more room making them better for large paws.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com