Author Topic: foam pads  (Read 3226 times)

Offline firestoper

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
foam pads
« on: July 29, 2015, 09:47:21 AM »
where can I get the replacement foam pads used by USFA in there box's?

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
Re: foam pads
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:43:22 AM »
Well ...... actually..... since USFA has gone the way of the Do Do Bird (Darwin award granted) ...... you can't.  Unless someone wants to strip out their box to restore your box then having another box that needs foam to restore and looking for someone to strip out their box to restore their box ........ which probably ain't gonna happen.

I have seen USFA Boxes for sale, anywhere from 15 Bucks (know where the term "Bucks" came from??) to 25 Bucks.  I do not however, know if those boxes included the "foam."  If those for sale boxes include the foam, you could strip one of those boxes to restore your box,
which still leaves you with a box that needs a full foam restoration job, so your hoping, again, for someone to strip out their box to fix your now "extra" box, leaving them hoping for someone to strip out their box to fix their box.  I doubt it's gonna happen.

I'd suggest going to Jo Ann Fabrics and Crafts get some block foam and some pleasing fabric and make you own.  Really.

Coffinmaker

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 02:35:06 PM »
http://www.uline.com/BL_873/Pick-and-Pack-Foam

Unless,  it just has to the Holy Grail OEM product , that someone will gouge you  :-\
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:57:09 AM »

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1164
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 12:17:51 AM »
Ah My Dear Coffinmaker -

you have Really gotten a lot more fun since you retired!

yhs
prof marvel
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 08:24:02 PM »
Boxes?  I've seen rapist trying to get as much as $200 for USFA boxes.  People like that are asses imo.

Haven't needed any myself yet..

But if I did.....you can bet there is the "exact same waffle pattern foam" available some where cheap.

Easy answer is just buy a cheap plastic pistol box, if you don't have one already and take the foam out of that.

I'm pretty anal about such things so I won't use the pick apart foam that is linked above.   edit..in literally 30 seconds I found this"

goggle search...
"egg crate foam packing material"

https://www.foamorder.com/packing.html

http://www.uline.com/BL_863/Convoluted-Foam-Sets?pricode=WM57&AdKeyword=egg%20crate%20foam&AdMatchtype=p&gclid=CJ7r-LO1p8cCFQtqfgodW84FMg&gclsrc=aw.ds

http://www.samash.com/auralex-studiofoam-sonomatt-2-x-4-x-2-d-asonomat2?cm_mmc=GoogleShopping-_-Recording-_-Channeladvisor-_-Auralex+Studiofoam+Sonomatt++2'+x+4'+x+2"D&utm_source=GSH&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=Channeladvisor&CAWELAID=1594692851&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=500002510000028166&cadevice=c&gclid=CKfZ2IS1p8cCFYqPfgodP-AN5w

I'll get ya a egg crate size and material size shortly.
"time leaves tombstones or dry bones"  SASS #2903

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com