Author Topic: Tale of a Tongue  (Read 21098 times)

Offline Doc Neeley

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tale of a Tongue
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2005, 10:58:56 PM »
I rarely go to rondyvoo anymore, but I miss it. As I mentioned in another thread, I still have all my skinnin stuff (four rifles, one pistol, 3 tents, etc), but for me it's always been the history and the shooting so CAS is mighty attractive to me.

On the good side my wife wont ever let me sell any guns. She loves them more than I do. So I'll be looking for guns and such as I go along (for both of us).

Oh, and yep, I've eaten tongue (and crow a few times too).
All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us. Our forefathers had civilization inside themselves, the wild outside. We live in the civilization they created, but within us the wilderness still lingers. What they dreamed, we live, and what they lived, we dream. -- T.K. Whipple

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2005, 09:13:56 AM »
Yep, he's a live one.  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2005, 11:18:39 AM »
What's wrong with eatin' tongue? It's delicious.

If someone is grossed out about it, my advice is to not let the imagination wander much when  thinking about food (and what happens to it before landing in the table). Any food. You might very well starve to death. ;D

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 01:11:45 PM »

Offline UncleRed

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2005, 10:56:30 AM »
As an Englishman, and a Gentleman....I certainly coud not eat something that came from an animals mouth.  I'm very happy eating eggs  ;)
"There's things gnaw at a man, worse than dying"

Charley Waite...Open Range

Foothills Drifter

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2005, 04:57:49 PM »
As an Englishman, and a Gentleman....I certainly coud not eat something that came from an animals mouth.  I'm very happy eating eggs  ;)

Howdy......
 :o  ::)  ;D  ;)

Good shootin......
Vern... 8)

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2008, 09:10:57 PM »
How Do Gents  ;D

Will I guess I'm one of the weird one's , I happen to love beef tongue or calf tongue, it is Deee- Lishes, I also like a lunch meat that you usually have to go to a German or Dutch meat dept. to get , it's Blood and Tongue, if you ever have a chance to try this , give a SHOT you won't be sorry , a little butter on some rye bread and a few slices of Blood and Tongue and you have it made. Just talking about it makes hungery. :D ;D

Ten Wolves  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2008, 10:59:11 AM »
Yee-Haww!!  Fresh meat!!! Hey Del, we got's another live one, here; time to dredge up some more unusual food tales.

Ten Wolves, I too, like some of the odder things one can find in deli shops, or meat markets; but, in most places, a real deli or meat market is getting to be a scarce thing.  One of my occasional "gotta have some" things is fresh head cheese loaf; some sour rye, mustard, kraut or cole slaw, and a few slices of head cheese, makes a good sammich - but it's one of those "once in a very great while" things; not for a regular diet.  Around here, and in SoCal, the best place to find the "not so common" parts of critters that some folks eat is in the Mexican and Asian markets; it takes a bit of stomach to go into a real carniceria, but if you can get beyond the "shock", and the percieved cultural and language barrier, you can get some pretty good stuff; some of those folks tend to discriminate against a "white guy" as much as they often get discriminated against in some places. - sad to say.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com