Author Topic: One pistol blues.  (Read 7295 times)

Offline northwestgrizzly

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: One pistol blues.
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 05:40:14 AM »
Bugs, I'm 66 yrs old, 100% disabled veteran, and enjoy each and every SASS/NCOWS match I shoot.  My big day is a sub 60 stage.  Who are all the SASS shooters that want a 1 pistol catagory?  I don't know any. I see all the these posts complaining about the cost of getting into SASS, well if you can't afford it find another game to play, sounds harsh, but that's just the way it is. I am just tired of new shooters who want to participate if we will change the game to accomidate them.

And that's a great way to keep the participation and membership down. Times change and so should the game to help encourage and accommodate people to get them gradually involved as they increase their collection.
"We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

Offline Sam Cobra

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: One pistol blues.
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 09:46:32 AM »
And that's a great way to keep the participation and membership down. Times change and so should the game to help encourage and accommodate people to get them gradually involved as they increase their collection.

That was kinda my feeling..an entry level class would be great.  I am blessed that I could go out and purchase everything I need today....BUT a lot of my friends aren't as lucky in that regard as me.  If I invited my brother or friends and said hey come and buy four new guns and some gun leather and some cowboy clothes and you can shoot this match, would scare them off.  Especially in this economy. 

I think the full SASS shoots should stay as they are with four guns etc, but a beginner or "working cowboy" class would IMHO help grow the sport.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com