Author Topic: Ene Mene Myne Mo ......  (Read 2604 times)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 127
Ene Mene Myne Mo ......
« on: May 16, 2013, 11:21:58 PM »

I lost count.  Silly, I know but I just plain lost count.  Brass rifles that is.  I was piddlin around deciding what rifle to take to the state match and felt like I was cross eyed.  I like brass rifles.  I don't shoot '73s well.  I built competition rifles for years and still don't know why  don't shoot '73s well.  Anyway, was staring into the safe to decide what to shoot at the state match and with one whole side of my safe being brass rifles, I suddenly realized I actually own 5 Henrys and don't have an Iron Frame.  I gotta get busy and find an Iron Frame in .45   I think sticking an Iron Frame in between all those brass frame Henrys and '66s will keep me from going permanently cross eyed.  ::)

Coffinmaker

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1234
Re: Ene Mene Myne Mo ......
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 11:43:14 PM »
Sounds like a good enough reason to me  :)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 04:57:58 AM »
completely understand,
I have a Iron Frame between my to Brass Henrys,  the 44/40 is 33 years old pre-Clinton Assault gun ban , and the 45 is a mere 14, post Clinton/ Monica , so they both saw the different ends of the "Pain in the (B)rass"  ;D 
The Iron frame is just a bit pre-Nobama and the current 10+ BS.   
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:30:08 AM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 127
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 01:27:55 PM »
M2,

I've built competition rifles for CAS for 15+ years.  I've told my customers over and over a Brass Frame rifle is just as fast as the '73, a steel frame rifle.  The two guns just "feel" entirely different.  I started out in this game shooting a '66 and I can't shoot a '73 worth beans.
So, what's the point??
If I shoot brass rifles better than steel rifles, why would I lust after an "Iron Frame" Henry??  BECAUSE!!  Got one of all the other versions of the Brass Frame, and my current "go to" match rifle is a 16 inch barrel Trapper, converted to a King's Patent.  Therefore I just gotta have an Iron Frame too!!!  Searching for a .45 cause the C45S case is sooooo close to a .44 Henry Flat  <}:-)

Coffinmaker

PS:  The point of all this really was I envy your Iron Frame (snif)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com