Author Topic: Glenn Ford's Hat  (Read 24967 times)

Offline Pay Dirt Norvelle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Glenn Ford's Hat
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 05:18:09 PM »
I happened to look at the Knudsen Hat area of Golden Gate Western Wear and I am pretty sure the hat you want is there.  I am still trying to save up enough pennies to drive over there and order one and may go for the Glenn Ford model after looking at it. 
PAY DIRT NORVELLE
SASS #90056
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
COYOTE VALLEY COWBOYS #37
RATS #650

Offline nagantino

• Top Active Citizen
  • Oh yeah.......
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 05:59:38 PM »
Willie Dixon, I live in Ireland and we do monsoon weather but I never imagined Arizona had such a season. I'm waiting on my 2 Uberti's Cattleman and a Rossi 92. Hoping to get my hat and stuff ready for the next competition. I'm trying to get the courage up to Climb in shower with me hat.

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 12:34:06 AM »
nagantino,

I know what you mean.  Basically, keep the inside liner dry and you'll be just fine.  Just getting the outside soaked is key.

I live up on the Colorado Plateau, near the Grand Canyon.  From about early July through September here we get thunderstorms off and on dumping easily 6 inches of rain in an hour. We even get snow! :o ;D

I know what you mean about Ireland as well, I have family in Galway.

best advice I can give you:  the nicer hats are more expensive, and feel soft, genteel, and fragile.  But for the most part they ain't.  They're worth every penny, and I'll never go below 50% beaver again!  It ruined me!!  But at the same time, I wear that hat most days of the week I'm outside.  And that picture was taken after four years of snow, sleet, mud, grim, dust, dirt, hail, you name it pretty much.  The dark brown definitely helps keep it looking clean.  But at the same time it's been through hell and back and still looks almost as new as when I got it.

I used to think "distressing" hats wasn't great.  I just figured, "the way I wear em, it'll happen."  Yeah, it hasn't happened yet.  People even ask me "why you wearing your dress hat?"  especially at the fairs or rodeos.  I just wink and say, "it ain't."

when it comes to cowboy hats, quality is way worth it.
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 12:58:41 PM »

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 407
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 10:42:28 AM »
When I lived in Prince Rupert, annual rainfall about 10 feet/year, my regular hat was an old black XXXX Stetson that I got at a yard sale for $5.

It is still going strong, and looks as well-used as Glen's hat. In those days I wore out a Koolah jacket every three years.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com