Author Topic: Flask or Phials  (Read 12880 times)

Offline Qball

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Flask or Phials
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 09:22:32 AM »
Well Alabama im with you 100%
I have seen flintlock muskets go of 30 sec after the hammer drop
and there is alot of powder in a flask to hold under your nose even if it is not likely to ignite from a revolver cylinder.
and here it is mandatory to use phials when reloading. ::)
WartHog
SCORRS
SootLord
STORM

Offline Paladin UK

• UK`s 1st Warthog
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Have Gun.. "Might Travel"
    • White Knight Ranch... Homestead of Paladin UK
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 12:38:19 PM »
FER WHAT ITS WORTH....   :D

All my pistolas cylinders are loaded OFF THE GUN using a loading stand (see DD`s web site) SO there is Absolutely 0% of ANY type of ignition whilst using my flask.

That being said I`m sure Some `Bright Spark`(pun intended ;)) could come up with a way of setting off Ice Cream!!   ;D

Paladin (Who would NEVER compromise with safety ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
 MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Offline Qball

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 12:45:39 PM »

That being said I`m sure Some `Bright Spark`(pun intended ;)) could come up with a way of setting off Ice Cream!!   ;D

Paladin (Who would NEVER compromise with safety ) UK

Been there done that. A friend almost shoot the tailfeathers of a seagull one day when his ice creamcone took of in a blaze. ::)
WartHog
SCORRS
SootLord
STORM

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 09:35:44 AM »

Offline Paladin UK

• UK`s 1st Warthog
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Have Gun.. "Might Travel"
    • White Knight Ranch... Homestead of Paladin UK
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 12:54:14 PM »
Fer QBall...

You Reeeeeeeely gotta get out more pard!!
;)

Paladin ( ;D :D ;D ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
 MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Alabama

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 03:23:24 PM »
Hey Paladin Uk , yes , that would eliminate any problems too , as long as they were not just shot of course .

Hey everybody , do what you want , when you want , and I will too . But , you won't do it around me  ;D

Sincerely , Alabama

Offline Marshal harpoluke

• Black Sash Gunfighter Lord of the Dark Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Agapei Attack Sheep
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 08:58:14 PM »
 ;D

Ah uses a flask, always have not problems, take cilender out to load, 10 min, between stages

No danger, Yer milage may vary. :D

Shoot safe. :o

8)
SASS 60019L
NRA Life
CASS
Muckraker
Straight Shooter
Army Veteran
GOFWG#269
LASOOS#35s,
Lookout fur da sheep, packs a 10ga.,
Ya loot, Ah Shoot,
Lord of the Dark Soot,
Prayer Posse,
GoofBall #12

Offline Angel_Eyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2008, 03:02:55 AM »
What did I start??? Like PUK ,I load off the gun with a loading stand (home made...the Uberti one is far too weak) at BWSS matches, and I only wish we could use cartridges, Alabama, it would be soooo nice to be back in the land of common sense.(Dreaming of a pair of OMV's in .45 long Colt)
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Offline Long Johns Wolf

• Top Active Citizen
  • "Centaures will make you become addicted"
    • Belgian Colt, aka Centaure, aka Centennial Army, aka "1960 NEW MODEL ARMY"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2008, 04:08:46 AM »
Flasks were outlawed in Germany after a couple of nasty fires in the loading areas of semi indoor ranges (fires from "lost" powder in the ground and on the carpets of the loading tables).
With our typical German sense for over-protection and over-regulation we have now to use predispensed loads in glass (I think) vials. This is said to cut down significantly the risk of BP accidentally by-passing the cylinder or muzzle (compared to using the flask) during the loading process und also kind of prevens the risk of such fires on the range. In addition the loading areas of the ranges also have to be vacuum cleaned using with a special vacuum cleaner certified for the use with powder at specific intervals.
But...I shoot the holy black in my C&B pistols and don't own such vials, ha, ha, ha.
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

Alabama

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2008, 07:48:44 AM »
UKshooter ,
sorry , I always forget you guys don't have your cartridge guns over there anymore , unless of course your nobility or something , or cops or criminals ?  :'(
That's kinda sad too , but that's another political story were not supposed to touch on here , so I won't .
So, I guess it is what it is for you over there across the other pond . No biggy that I see loading from vials anyway , but its all good , flasks or vials , at least everyone is shooting and grinnin .  ;D

Alabama

Offline Angel_Eyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2008, 11:10:27 AM »
Alabama, thanks for the thought, allus said that cowboys were straight up, right thinking dudes!!
And ,yes, I am always grinning when making smoke!
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2008, 01:43:05 PM »
<sigh> What ever happened to the good old dayz when Natty Bumpo would reload hiz front stuffer, whilst on the run, directly frum his powder horn! :o

Might jist as well play CAS by pointing our fingers 'n yellin' BANG...at least it wood be safe huh? If we wanna remove alla things wat kin hurt use frum the game, then fingerpointin, 'n yellin bang is in our future fer sure 'n certain!

Cuts (who's missin  a piece of hiz thumb but still ain' gonna quit using C&B gunz) Crooked

:P :-*
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Offline Fingers McGee

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2008, 10:15:04 AM »
A big reason that NSSA, NMLRA, NRA ban loading from flask or horn during competition is because of how their competitions are held.  There are 25, 50, or more competitors on line at the same time loading and firing.  The possibility of a stray spark from one of those competitors causing a horn or flask to explode is infinitely greater than at a CAS match.  When I was competing with muzzleloaders, I always loaded from pre measured charges when firing in relays; but, still used my powder horn and and antler tip measure when I was the only one on the firing line.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Offline will52100

• Top Active Citizen
    • Custom Knives
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2008, 10:38:48 PM »
I normaly load from the flask, but that's on my land and my range.

If I was somewhere that realy didn't like me to load from the flask I'd use paper cartriges.  I had thought of doing that before I switched to conversions for CAS.  They are a little time consuming to make and delicate, but load super quick.
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com