Author Topic: 1858 Remington 'Buffalo' shoulder stock on A Ruger Old Army?  (Read 5221 times)

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Okay, I know that a Ruger Old Army is NOT an 1858 Remington ... just patterned off them ... kinda.

I also believe that the old Blackhawk, Vaquero and ROA also share the same grip frames, and that the grips on any will fit any ....

My question is; How hard is it to adapt one of the after market wooden shoulder stocks to a ROA?

Has anyone tried this or have any experience with it?

Thanks!
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Angel_Eyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: 1858 Remington 'Buffalo' shoulder stock on A Ruger Old Army?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 03:41:56 AM »
Seems no-one has an opinion, so I'll jump right in, (again).

Just tried the 1860 stock against my ROA, and quite a bit of engineering would have to take place on either item.

When finished, it brings the cylinder, and all the attendant powder flash, smoke and exploding caps, very, very close to the only pair of eyes you will ever have.

I pass on that one,,,, I think I will keep them at arms length!!

(Who said chicken??)

AE
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
Re: 1858 Remington 'Buffalo' shoulder stock on A Ruger Old Army?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 08:15:57 AM »
Angel Eyes,

Good point about the eyes; I do not have a shoulder stock to compare it with.

I think I will put this project WAY on the back burner ...

Thanks!
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Advertising

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com