Author Topic: Thanks to BRR  (Read 6107 times)

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Thanks to BRR
« on: August 14, 2006, 10:41:47 AM »

Thanks to all the fine folks at BRR for putting on a great  SHOOT, thats right a real CAS shoot , just like that other group does,  just like some folks don't think NCOWS has. It got a little damp on Sun. But  hey, I'll bet it rained in the 19th century too. Thanks again for all the work you guys & gals went to to make us all feel welcome and allow for all the great memories.     jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Quick Fire

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Thanks to BRR
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 11:08:20 AM »
Trap, from all of us at Blue River, we appreciate the fact that all of you fine folks took time out of your busy schedules and made it down to our shoot. We truely enjoyed your company and hope you all can join us again in the future.
QuickFire                                 Lt. Colonel, Division of Nebraska                                                                                                                                                                          GRAND ARMY of the FRONTIER                                                         
NCOWS 1717

Offline Irish Dave

• Retired Marshal
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 11:09:19 AM »
Sounds like you guys had a great time. Sorry I couldn't have been there.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:04:39 AM »

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 474
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 03:44:24 PM »
Not only was it a great time, but I was once again reminded of the generous nature many of the people in this hobby share. I was loaned a pocket pistol with cartridges to complete the stages that called for them. (Thanks Chad and Jack.)
My poor old mule-ear SxS, after 120 years of faithful service, gave up the ghost and so will now go on display over the fireplace. I think it was fitting that the last rounds that went through her were Black Powder and all shot from the hip. And on Sunday I was loaned a shotgun to shoot my stages. (Thanks Jack.)

Why even on Sunday morning when a squall came through camp I had people left and right offering shelter and helping me stash my stuff from my open lean-to and wipe down the guns. (Thanks John, George and again Jack.)

The stages were based on historical incidents or shootouts and had lots of variety, plus a few curves. A lot of work has been put into that range since I was there for last year's Ruckus, what with new picnic shelter, outhouses, 200 yd. Buffalo range and new stagefronts and wood rail fence denoting the firing line. Sounded like a lot more was planned for the future, too.

Thank you to all who worked so hard.

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Frenchie

• "We have met the enemy, and he is us." - Pogo
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Photo by Julio Zangroniz @ "September Storm", 2007
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 06:31:03 PM »
It got a little damp on Sun. But  hey, I'll bet it rained in the 19th century too.

Oh, yeah. Burnside's "Mud March" comes to mind, and this quip from a Pennsylvania private in Rosecrans's Army of the Tennessee, writing home in December, 1862: "Not a Presbyterian rain either, but a real Baptist downpour."  ;D
Yours, &c.,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance
Vous pouvez voir par mes vĂȘtements que je ne suis pas un cowboy.

Offline toeless dave

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 09:37:11 PM »
Best bunch of folks I've shared time with lately.  Glad everyone had a safe and fun time.  We may try to schmooze  :-* Mother Nature more next time.  C'mon back.  Same cowboy channel, same cowboy time.

Added:
You know, every bit of fifty percent of the actual work for this event was done by Quickfire.
Thanks Jack!
Toeless Dave
Blue River Regulator
Union Proud IBEW!
SASS 45629 NCOWS 1714

Offline Yuma Kid

• NCOWS Editor (The Shootist Magazine)
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John "Yuma Kid" Irons
  • SASS #: 31302
  • NCOWS #: L129
  • GAF #: 767
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 10:28:54 PM »
Amen Dave,
You and I both know Jack would say "Hell, I didn't do so much!"  Although, I was not able to attend the "Ruckus" this year.  I was around before the shoot enough to know how much work Jack put in.  There would not have been a "Ruckus at Raccoon Forks" if it had not been for Jack "Quickfire" Bursovsky.  We the members of the Blue River Regulators want to thank Jack for his tireless effort.
Thanks again Jack!
Yuma
Keep Yer Powder Dry!

NCOWS #L129,  G.A.F. # 767, SASS #31302, NRA Life Endowment, Lancaster County Bounty Collection Agentcy #29

Offline Quick Fire

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 10:34:08 PM »
While I thank you for your kind words, this was defineitly a team effort. BRR has a core group of the best damn people that I know. Thanks to them for the Ruckus.
QuickFire                                 Lt. Colonel, Division of Nebraska                                                                                                                                                                          GRAND ARMY of the FRONTIER                                                         
NCOWS 1717

Offline Lone Gunman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The Lone Gunman ...as himself
    • Lone-Gunman.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 12:19:10 AM »
It was a great 3 day event despite the weather on Sunday. A day spent shootin' in the rain beats a sunny day mowin' the lawn anytime. I'm happy to report that all my hours of practicing really paid off...in the random prize drawing.  ;)  Here's the set of magna-tip screwdrivers I won that were made by BRR member John Butcher:

I will refrain from mentioning that I also won the really spiffy bedroll which was also put together by Mr Butcher. An authentic Woolrich Civil War Cavalry blanket & a beautiful handmade quilt all wrapped in a canvas groundcloth. I'd post a picture of it too but I don't want to cause any undo suffering to anyone who didn't win this great prize.

Speaking of Jack Bursovsky  8)  here's a few more things he deserves thanks for. I heard he was responsible for the new shower stall. Anyone who's camped in a tent for three days in August understands the value of a place to dump a little water over your head at the end of the day.  He also got up every morning to build the fire, make the coffee and, with help from Troy Lytle & John Butcher, cooked us all breakfast Saturday & Sunday.  Oh, and he made and cooked all the hamburgers Friday & Saturday nights...and fetched fresh water every day...and on, and on, and on. 

With the exception of the weather, I think this was the first shoot anywhere for a long time that I didn't hear anybody complain about anything. Dave Filbert & Troy Lytle did a great job writing the stages. No one said the targets were too small, too far away or too big & close. No one said there was too much reloading, no one said there was too little. No one complained that the stages were too complicated and no one claimed they were boring. All in all a very well thought out and executed match that was enjoyed by everyone with the good sense to attend.

George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

Offline Grizzle Bear

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 07:49:49 AM »
That's right everybody, just rub it in!  Just because I got a toothache and couldn't make it.......................

:'( :'( :'(

Grizzle Bear

Rob Brannon
General troublemaker and instigator
NCOWS Senator
NCOWS #357
http://www.ncows.org/KVC.htm
"I hereby swear and attest that I am willing to fight four wild Comanches at arm's length with the ammunition I am shooting in today's match."

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 474
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 09:19:50 AM »
Does this mean you have another tooth hanging around your neck? :D
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com