Author Topic: New Pocket Pistol  (Read 4685 times)

Offline Driftwood Johnson

• Driftwood Johnson
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Pocket Pistol
« on: October 14, 2014, 06:29:42 PM »
Howdy

Time to fess up. Brought home this lovely little .32 Single Action (Model One-and-a-Half-Centerfire) about a month ago. Roy Jinks says it shipped in June of 1881. It actually looks better than these photos show, the lighting was pretty harsh. Grips are pencil numbered to the gun.

The cartridges are modern. No, I don't plan to shoot it, just nice to have.

That’s bad business! How long do you think I’d stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he’d pay me that much to stop robbing him, I’d stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 170
Re: New Pocket Pistol
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 06:50:16 AM »
Nice DJ.  :) wM1
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline Highlander999

• Top Active Citizen
  • We don't rent pigs.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 09:31:01 AM »
Nice, I love those little Smith Breaktops..
“I have, in my day, thieved cattle, your lordship. But none that were under my watch” (“Is that what passes for honor with a MacGregor”, Earl of Montrose), “What passes for honor with me, is likely not the same as with your Lordship, when my word is given, it is good”
                     (Rob Roy)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:34:11 PM »

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 11:35:37 AM »
I have an earlier version with the square butt and breaks at the bottom and tilts up.  Mine has a blue-black finish.  Found some really light BP re-loads and it shoots right fine for a pocket pistol.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Johnson Barr

• Berger Sharpshooters, KVC, Blue River Regulators #129, Johnson County Rangers, GAF
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS Life, NCOWS Merchant
    • J Barr Texas
  • NCOWS #: L-173
  • GAF #: 830
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 01:20:48 PM »
Very sweet! I have both the 1st (no grip logo) model and the 2nd (S&W grip logo) model. I found the 1st Model in an Idaho pawn shop, it bears the same serial number as its year of manufacture; 1878. Fella can't have enough S&W Top Breaks!
"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"  -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Colt Fanning

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 09:09:58 AM »
Hi Forty Rod,
How did you deal with the rimfire issue with the ammo and what charge of Bp did they contain?
Regards
Colt

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 11:15:48 AM »
Hi Forty Rod,
How did you deal with the rimfire issue with the ammo and what charge of Bp did they contain?
Regards
Colt

You know what JB, that never crossed my mind.  I bought them at a gun show in Ontario, CA and they were marked as 3.5 grain FFFg reloads.  I never even questioned it.  I still have half a dozen loads left but don't have the box they came in.

I didn't even think to save the brass.

Now I wish I'd have kept it but at the time I just wanted to say I'd fired the little gun and had no intention of making a regular thing out of it.

Now I'll miss a lot of sleep trying to remember if there was a name on the box and what it might have been
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Colt Fanning

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 12:16:00 PM »
Hi Forty Rod
Were they rim fire or center fire?
regards
Colt

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 03:16:05 PM »
They're rimfire. 

The gun's never been converted and the discrepancy just slipped right by me.  Guess I'm getting old and my thinker thingy and rememberer don't work well any more.

I checked and have four loaded rounds left.  Cases are very red brass, maybe a copper alloy

Offline tommy4toes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 08:23:10 PM »
Mine is centerfire, build date of 1884. Haven't loaded for it lately but I seem to remember 3.2gFFF.
T4t

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com