Author Topic: WATCH THIS SPACE!  (Read 19263 times)

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
WATCH THIS SPACE!
« on: June 10, 2008, 03:32:35 PM »
I'm about to post something I've been working on for a year. It's nothing new, most isn't even original, and it's not polite.

I expect to have very few friends left after I post it.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
Re: WATCH THIS SPACE!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 03:54:26 PM »
It's not a "vote fer Hillary" speech is it?
     That would fit all a yer criteria ;D

I'm about to post something I've been working on for a year. It's nothing new, most isn't even original, and it's not polite.

I expect to have very few friends left after I post it.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 03:56:57 PM »
100 IRREFUTABLE TRUTHS

by Tom “Forty Rod” Taylor

1. The government is not here to help you.

2. No one is a “hero” because they are employed in the sports or entertainment industries.

3. The United States is not a democracy.

4. All cops are not heroes, nor are all firefighters, soldiers, or paramedics, etc.

5.  No one knows everything.  If you have a question, shop around for an expert.

6. Most schoolteachers are neither underpaid nor over-worked.

7. Wal-Mart is not evil.

8. Being a celebrity does not make anyone an authority on anything.

9. The words “star” and “superstar” are vastly overused.  So is “hero”.

10. There is practically nothing that the government does better than private enterprise.

11. The economy is doing very well in spite of what the liberals want you to believe.

12. Labor unions aren’t necessarily good for America, especially government employee unions.

13. Immigrants built America, but ILLEGAL immigrants are destroying it.

14. Mexico’s culture is in no way superior to any other on Earth.  This is also true of hundreds of other “cultures” which believe they are somehow superior to us.

15. You have a right to your opinion.  I have a right to think it’s stupid.  The reverse is also true.

16. “The Japanese do it this way” is no reason for us to do it “this way”.

17. Many people (Most?) don’t care about the lives of celebrities.

18. There is practically nothing worth watching on television.

19. The hippy philosophy has been discredited years ago.  Get over it.

20. No one else in the place thinks your child’s antics are “cute”.  Most people find them very annoying.

21. The music is too damned loud.

22. Islam is not a religion of peace.  They want all the rest of us dead.

23. Most movies, magazines, TV programs, and books are garbage.

24. Communism doesn’t work…ever.

25. Isn’t it fortunate for us both that your opinion of me doesn’t mean a damn thing?

26. Just because some one is blonde doesn’t mean they have to be stupid.

27. Very skinny people are not attractive. Very fat people are not attractive.  Almost everyone looks better with their clothes on.

28. Gun control is PEOPLE control.  The people who want it don’t care a damned bit about crime.   

29. No one cares how you did it where you came from.  Most of us wish you’d go the hell back.

30. My dog is a part of my family and more important to me than the vast majority of humans.

31. Most actors can’t act.

32. “It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity” is crap. It is the heat.  Humidity is an added factor.

33. Poverty doesn’t cause crime!  Poverty is an excuse for people who are criminals.

34. You can too quit smoking.

35. Alcoholism and drug use are diseases like suicide is a disease.  They are self-inflicted.

36. Don’t spend all your time being a “good Christian” and forget to be a good person.

37. Don’t worry too much about what people think of you. Billions of them don’t think of you at all.

38. Guns are not dangerous, people are.

39. The United States of America, with all of its faults, is still the greatest nation on earth.

40. It is a great conceit to believe that we are alone in the universe.  It is almost as great a conceit to believe that our puny actions can destroy the planet we live on.

41. Your side lost.  Quit bitching and whining, and get on with winning the next round.

42. The Clintons are evil.  So are most of their close friends and allies.

43.  Abstinence works 100% of the time it is used.

44. There was never a massive plot involved in President Kennedy’s assassination.

45. Ted Kennedy is guilty of the manslaughter and getting away with it.

46. “Rap” is not music.  It is noise.

47. Iraq is nothing like Vietnam.

48. The United States government did not destroy he Twin Towers and blame it on Muslim terrorists.

49. God did NOT speak to some “charismatic” preacher in some little church and give him all the truths of creation to pass on to you.

50. Our public schools are failing because of parents, teachers, politicians, attorneys, screwball activists, and left over hippies.  There is enough blame to go around, but mostly it isn’t the kids’ fault.

51. Our “Criminal Justice System” doesn’t work.

52. There is NO Constitutional right to privacy.

53. You have “freedom of religion”.  There is no “freedom from religion”.

54. No one owes you anything because of who you are, what color your skin is, or what happened to someone generations ago.

55. Most teachers are no smarter than “ordinary” people, and a frighteningly large number aren’t anywhere near as smart.

56. Many “Men Of God” and politicians are in it for the power, the prestige, or the money…or all three. 

57. Degrees and titles don’t mean diddly-squat.

59. Respect must be earned.  It cannot be demanded or forced…or legislated.

60. Fine clothes, proper manners, and great wealth don’t make anyone a gentleman or lady.

61. The vast majority of people aren’t important enough to actually NEED a cell phone.

62. If you tell others your problems, you are obligated to listen to theirs.

63. You can’t learn much of importance from Oprah, either of the Phils, or Judge Judy.

64. Michael Jackson is a freak.  So is Britney Spears.  There is a lengthy list of freaks.

65. A lot of cops should not be trusted with a gun…or a car…or a badge.

66. Everybody lies.  Some more, some less, some better than others, but everybody lies.

67. Some people deserve killing.  A lot more than you’d think.

68. O. J. did it.

69. The diamond lane is unconstitutional and a waste of road space.

70. Most modern product packaging is poorly designed, unnecessary, and criminally expensive.

71. Ignoring the danger on our southern border is going to hurt us badly in the near future.

72. Not all immigrants are bad, just the illegal ones.

73. Hey, look!!! The Soviet Union didn’t bury us after all!

74. Many celebrities have done nothing to deserve their notoriety except hire very good PR people.

75. Pick your friends carefully. You can’t do anything about who you’re related to, so don’t screw it up.

76. Life is short.  Break some rules.  Take some risks.  Laugh a lot.

77. So it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile.  Would you rather push a car alone or have a dozen people helping?

78. You can never have too many true friends, and you need to cultivate at least one really determined enemy.  You’ll be surprised how alert and alive you will become.

79. If you’re driving a car, Job #1 is DRIVING THAT CAR!!!

80. People like Jesse Jackson and Loretta Sanchez do not represent the “minority” people that I know.

81. Find at least one person to love without reservation.

82. Don’t associate with idiots, fools, or jackasses.  You’ll be mistaken for one of them.

83. For every illegitimate child born there are two illegitimate parents.

84. There are too many criminals in our prison system because we aren’t allowed to “cull the herd”.

85. Spinach is nasty.  Now that tests show that it’s no healthier than other foods, we should treat it like kudzu and crab grass.

86. Yes, I am an opinionated asshole.  Thank you for noticing.

87. You have a right to say pretty much whatever you want to in this country.  You do NOT have a right to force me to listen to your foolishness, nor make me adhere to your stupid ideas.

88. If you want to be taken seriously, say something serious…and have your credentials handy.

89. College degrees and your position in the world do not automatically bestow credibility.

90. Guns cause crime about as much as flies cause garbage.

91. The Constitution of The United States of America is not a changing, growing, evolving document.

92. If The United States is such a terrible place, why are millions willing to break the law, and even to die, to get here.

93. Dogs are usually very good people. 

94. A lot of the world’s problems are caused because so many people think their god can beat up someone else’s god.

95. It doesn’t “take a village” to raise a child, just good parenting and some basic discipline.

96. The governments of this country spend too much on things that don’t work, and will never work.

97. You are not the most important person on the planet…or even in this room.

98. Every bureaucracy will fight to protect its bureaucrats, and to justify itself, and to increase its power.

99. Jesus may love you, but don’t bet on anyone else following His example.

100. “WHERE IS THE CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY” is the question that should be asked of every law now on the books, and for every one proposed in the future. 

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:44:52 AM »

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 05:06:48 PM »
Sorry fer the wisecrack up there 40.  It did kinda fit in with one of your points though.

I could relate to a lot of the things on that list.  Of course, gettin folks to agree on 100 opinions (or in the case of many of the items here- truths) is about impossible.  It's a good way to get people thinkin.  I enjoyed the read, and hope others do too.

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 05:18:33 PM »
What wisecrack?

Everybody is invited to chime in with their own Irrefutable Truths.  Have a ball.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 05:24:37 PM »
Who said the US is a democracy?

We all learned it in school:

"and to the Republic for which it stands"

;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 06:01:33 PM »
Does that mean we're all Republicans?

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 06:03:14 PM »
Well, since we are not a democracy, we surely can't be Democrats. ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 06:06:04 PM »
Well put, little brother.   ;D

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 06:33:25 PM »
Well put, little brother.   ;D

"Common sense" is incredibly uncommon these days.
     Thomas Pane would be pissed.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 08:29:16 AM »
Forty, would you Like to be the Vice President?

;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 10:20:15 AM »
Of what?

Alben Barkley (Truman's VP) was asked by LBJ if Barkley thought LBJ should accept the VP nomination under JFK.  He was told that "the Vice President's job doesn't amount to a pitcher of warm piss."

I don't often agree with a Democrat, but how can you argue with that?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 10:24:32 AM »
Speaker of the House, Sam Rayburn, also from Texas told LBJ, "Lyndon, half a loaf of bread is better than no loaf at all".
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 10:33:35 AM »
Hadn't heard that.  LBJ ended up with the whole loaf anyway.  ;D

Offline Deadeye Dave

• Dave Lee aka Deadeye Dave NCOWS # 1287
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 02:31:45 PM »
AMEN!!!
NCOWS Territorial Representative For GLF&MC
SASS # 27264
NRA Patron
F&AM 91 New Castle, In. 47362
Hiram's Ranger # 21

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 06:24:51 PM »
Forty, would you Like to be the Vice President?

;D

Hey!! >:( >:(

;D

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 07:56:17 PM »
Mebbe ya can co-Vice with yer brother.  At least ya's family ;D

Here's another one that came ta me..."get used to arguing, it seems to be the only way anything gets resolved".   
It's a harsh truth, but I've been thru too many kids to deny it.  And it's pretty much the whole point of our Congress if ya think on it.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 11:10:42 PM »
Hey!! >:( >:(

;D

Trinity I thought you wanted the Ambassador to Distillery's position...

Forty the pitcher of warm piss has a very nice paycheck with benefits a retirement package and think of the Perks, like the "Grumpy Lunch Bunch" dining in the White house, or Quail Hunting with Attorneys
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 02:26:05 AM »
AH!  The priviliged few!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 02:22:19 PM »
What happened to #58?
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com