Author Topic: a Trial and Winchester relocating  (Read 5447 times)

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • "To sing, to laugh, to dream, cock my hat, or gun"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
a Trial and Winchester relocating
« on: February 17, 2006, 10:03:02 AM »
I recently heard that in a trial somewhere in this country that a gun manufactuer [ not a person but either a company or the gun industry itself ]was found guilty of murder or manslaughter etc. Is this true and if it is can anyone give more details?

I also heard that Winchester was moving to either Mexico and/or Japan!! Any true to these rumors and if so deatails would most certainly be welcome.

"Never apologize Mr.; it's a sign of weakness"
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242
"Never apologize Mr.; it's a sign of weakness."
Capt. Nathan Brittles {John Wayne} in "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon."

"A gun is  just a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool----- Think of it always in that way. A gun is as good--- and as bad--- as the man who carries it. Remember that."
                                                   Shane

Offline Big John Denny

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: a Trial and Winchester relocating
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 03:36:43 PM »
Cyrille, the latest I heard is that Winchesters will be produced in Japan and Europe.
Big John Denny, SASS 64775
US Army Retired
Los Vaqueros
BOLD #661
GOFWG #240
SBSS #1780 (Order of the Golden Bullet)
NMLRA
NRA
"Aim small....Miss small"

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 09:19:52 PM »
Thanks Mr. Denny,
that's the last I heard too. Well when Winchester does move I hope it's to Europe.
   I think Germany would be a great place for Winchester to relocate, because of that country's reputation in producing fine firearms Mauser, Luger, Krup firearms etc. Not to mention those Sturm Ruger guys! I know, they're American but thir names' German, I have abit of German blood also. My ansestors [Father's side] are from the Alsace- Lorraine area.
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242

"A gun is  just a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool----- Think of it always in that way. A gun is as good--- and as bad--- as the man who carries it. Remember that."
                                                   Shane

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:38:22 PM »

Offline Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Speed Junky
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 10:33:58 PM »
"Winchester" ain't moving anywhere.  It's just a name owned by the Olin Corporation.  USRA, which was licensed to build rifles/shotguns using the Winchester name is closing the New Haven, CT plant on March 1, 2006.  USRA which is wholly owned by FN (a Belgium) company announced that they are going to cease production of the Models 94, 70 and 1300 in the Winchester line.  Other Winchester models will continue to be produced in the firm's European plants and by the Miroku firm in it's Japanese plant.
Griff
SASS/CMSA #93 Endowment
LSFSC Life
NRA Patron

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 11:05:10 PM »
Ok, ok simmer down, I'm looking for information Mr. Griff not an argument. I realize that "Winchester"is only a name and if it's owned by a Belgium co. so be it. I just hope that the quality "Winchester" is known for continues and improves irreguardless of where the guns are produced. I'd hate to see so fine a reutation get dragged through the mire.
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242

Shane

Offline Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Speed Junky
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 11:19:26 PM »
Oops, shoulda used a  ;) or two.  Didn't intend to be confrontational.  I think that you could expect the quality in those arms that will still be produced will remain high.  I think I can say that cause those still in the lineup were arguably the highest quality of all the guns they were producing under that marque.  I'm just bummed that they've ceased to produce the 94, especially as they'd announced a couple of models that might have induced me to buy.  Even though they were angle eject, which I can't stand....but still a new Take-down.... and now nothing. :-[
Griff
SASS/CMSA #93 Endowment
LSFSC Life
NRA Patron

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 11:44:21 PM »
Yeah Y'u're right thar, Ah'm really disappointed thet they couldn't continue production in th US of A but as they say every cloud has a silver linnin an Ah think , as fer as Ah'm consarned thet Ah waz one lucky chil ta hav purchased one o the las  octagon'94's ta be produced in th US of A; much less one o th las ta bee produced!!!

CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242

Shane

Offline Big Hext

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 10:41:23 AM »
The Winchester name is owned by Olin.  USRAC licenses the name and that agreement expires next year.
FN/Herstal, out of Belgium, owns Browning and USRAC.

The tale of Winchester is sure to be an interesting one to watch over the next couple of years.

Thank you for being you.. Annie Lee!

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 01:09:41 PM »
 I can't disagree with y'u thar, it's sure ta bee interestin, verrry much so. 'n Ah empathize with Mr. Griff on losin out on buyin a "take-down" but lik th rest o us I guess he thought that "thar's always tomorra." Let me tell ya how Ah came 'bout buyin mah '94;
   Mah son waz lookin ta buy a '94  in .45 Colt caliber w/a round barrel fer bout half th price o th octagon which he knew nothing 'bout, th fellr 'hind th counter, hopin ta make a better sale says "lemme show ya one w/ an octagon barrel, lady ordered it special but couldn't make th payments, sumthin ta do wit Katrina, ya might like it better than that one." "Well says mah son, it sure is nice, but a bit outta mah league" "Hey" Ah say, "tell ya what, if ya want, Ah'll go havsies with ya!
 wal th rest as they say is history.  As we're levin th gun shoppe mah son says ta me, he says, "ya know Pop, I like  y'u but ya're crazy!"  "Wal son," ah says, "ain't we all,  jest a little?"
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242

Shane

Offline Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Speed Junky
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 05:16:30 PM »
There warn't no "tomorra" as they didna produce any and cancelled any orders for same.
Griff
SASS/CMSA #93 Endowment
LSFSC Life
NRA Patron

Offline Big Hext

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 05:18:47 PM »
When they made the announcement about closing, they sent the workers home on furlough.
The building is empty.
The parts are gone.
The goose is cooked.

Thank you for being you.. Annie Lee!

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 06:44:10 PM »
Yep, heard thet at th self-same gun shoppe a few days later. But when Ah checked th "Winchester websight Ah didn't see notthin 'bout them pullin up stakes an skeddalin, did anyone?
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242

Shane

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 06:46:10 PM »
Wal looks like they did say sumthin, Big Hext heard it.
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242

Shane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com