Author Topic: Danger! - Bond Deringer Locked Up  (Read 3706 times)

Offline Birdgun Quail

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Danger! - Bond Deringer Locked Up
« on: December 01, 2005, 04:14:41 PM »
My wife bought me a new .375 Mag Bond "Cowboy" deringer for my birthday in late September.  Last week was the first time I took it to the range and shot it using S&B .38 Spl wadcutters.   Long story short.  On two occasions, after closing the loaded action and cocking the hammer, the trigger was locked, the hammer was locked, and the action was locked to where I could neither completely close the action nor open it.  I'm standing there on the firing line wondering what I'm going to do with a loaded gun that has a cocked hammer that can't be lowered, a trigger that won't pull, and an action that won't open.   But what ever I do, keep those barrels pointed down range and my hands away from the muzzles--which is not easy with a shot barreled deringer.

By smartly banging the top of the barrels on a wooden post, I got the action to close enough to allow the trigger to move and fire the gun.

I took the gun home and put empty brass in the chambers and recreated the lock up.  So with the gun locked up, I took the pistol back to the dealer from which the gun was purchased.  They looked at the gun and tried to unlock it and couldn't.  The dealer has sent the gun back to Bond.

Let me say, that it is just a little scary trying to get a loaded but locked up small gun like a Bond "Cowboy" back in working order by banging it on a post.
God bless,
Birdgun Quail

Offline Galloway

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Danger! - Bond Deringer Locked Up
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 05:16:15 PM »
Yep that is pretty scary. Say, its not chamberd in 38 Long Colt is it?

Offline Birdgun Quail

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 07:54:15 AM »
Yep that is pretty scary. Say, its not chamberd in 38 Long Colt is it?

No Galloway, it's a .357 Magnum shooter.  I suspect that the Czech made Sellier & Bellot (S&B) brass may have some thick heads.   However, the dealer said that this was the first time he has heard of any problems with S&B cartridges.
God bless,
Birdgun Quail

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:45:19 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com